2007 Drama Design~ which text? (1 Viewer)

jazzmuzik

HSC
Just interested to know which texts have ppl chosen for their design IP?

angeliak

HSC
heyyy .. well im doing summer rain by nick enright and terrence clarke .. for drama ... :D

what you thinking of doing??

emilybrown

HSC
well im thinking of doing Wonderlands by katherine tompson or stephen sewell's myth, propaganda and disaster etc.
i found summer rain was as good as wat i though

jazzmuzik

HSC
its out of summer rain or private lives for me. (i'm doing costume)

MKZaa

HSC
Myth Propaganda and Disaster et al... by STEPHEN SEWELL

a damn good play if you ask me...

anyway, the reason why i chose it is three-fold

1) No other play grabbed my attention from the first scene
2) No other play had the potential to be so "explosive" or "dangerously intriguing"
3) No other play seemed to identify with my interests (see my profile), and no other play really made me think.

Apart from that, i chose design, because all the teachers at my school thought i was best suited to it, than Script, Performance or any other project. You see, i had designed the poster for our school's recent production of shakespeare's macbeth, and i had also done a few other images which translated well into posters, so the wonderful drama staff eventually persuaded me to chose POSTER/PROMOTIONS/PROGRAM for my IP...

... and i love it, but it is hard work! :eek:

againandagain

HSC
I chose As you like it . Have always loved shakespeare so it seemed the best option and im really enjoying it.
Recentyly changed from Video to Promotions and am enjoying it 100% better.

hows everybody going with theres?

steph999

HSC
I'm writin' my own monologue... oops :-s... he he he!

But i've done it a few times b4 so i'm pretty confident it'll b okay! hopefully... lol! I'v decided 2 write a piece as Judy Garland... i took inspiration from her performance of "over the rainbow" live @ the London Palladium! She dressed up as a hobo and it was such an emotional piece! - she was @ the pnt in her life where she was extremely emotional and depressed.

I'm startin' off in her dressin' room and goin' tru the emotional turmoil that she's facin' @ the time then i'm endin' wif an excerpt of the actual song 'somewhere over the rainbow' the endin' of it! lol... yes i AM actually singin' in my piece! I'm soooooooo excited!

jazzmuzik

HSC
steph999 said:
I'm writin' my own monologue... oops :-s... he he he!

But i've done it a few times b4 so i'm pretty confident it'll b okay! hopefully... lol! I'v decided 2 write a piece as Judy Garland... i took inspiration from her performance of "over the rainbow" live @ the London Palladium! She dressed up as a hobo and it was such an emotional piece! - she was @ the pnt in her life where she was extremely emotional and depressed.

I'm startin' off in her dressin' room and goin' tru the emotional turmoil that she's facin' @ the time then i'm endin' wif an excerpt of the actual song 'somewhere over the rainbow' the endin' of it! lol... yes i AM actually singin' in my piece! I'm soooooooo excited!
I saw this performance (over the rainbow) in sydney with Caroline Oconner (love love love) sounds like interesting inspiration :) good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)