2006... whose doing cloudstreet??? (1 Viewer)

punk_tartan

HSC
is anyone else being forced to do this novel for their module B ?? i mean i liked the book and everything, but analysis of it is really..... bad and boring and hard to understand :S
wishing to comiserate with any fellow cloudstreeters

BronwynKate

HSC
I understand.

The person who wrote the play had to do an analysis of it. Do you think he/she thought it was boring?

I'm sure Tim Winton would be proud of you if you did an analysis which was really good. Make sure to catch the book in letter and in spirit.

Sorry if this wasn't what you were after.

I hope you enjoy the book itself. Make a reflective journal and put all the things you like and dislike. Then shape it into a Band 6 response.

punk_tartan

HSC
that is an excellent idea thank you !!! i actually liked the book somewhat which was helpful, and hopefully if i focus on this band 6 in english :D

BronwynKate

HSC
Keep on working hard.

Maybe you can keep part of your journal and notes here for other students.

Be a giver, not a taker!

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
punk_tartan said:
is anyone else being forced to do this novel for their module B ?? i mean i liked the book and everything, but analysis of it is really..... bad and boring and hard to understand :S
wishing to comiserate with any fellow cloudstreeters
Wait hold up, you LIKED the book?????

BronwynKate

HSC
Hello WouldBeDoctor.

What didn't you like about the book?

I usually enjoy Tim Winton's writing and I didn't really like Scission.

Winton is an acquired taste.

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
BronwynKate said:
Hello WouldBeDoctor.

What didn't you like about the book?

I usually enjoy Tim Winton's writing and I didn't really like Scission.

Winton is an acquired taste.
Yes, as implied, I hate this award winning piece of garbage. It makes me physically sick to read a single word on the page. However, as a modal english student I must acknowledge and promote this non sensical crap that Is worth a significant amount of my H.S.C. I must pretend I love it and learn as much as I can to acquire a good rank. I thought Coleridges poems were him tripping on opium, however I speak of how he transmits himself spirtually, emotionally and imaginatively... Blah blah , I am playing their game.

As for your intial question, what I didn't like about the book, lets see EVERYTHING. This book makes me convulse at the mere sight of it. Its tedious, obtuse and.... well you get the idea.

BronwynKate

HSC
You're obviously a good game player.

I haven't read much of Coleridge.

He was rather a significant drug user wasn't he?

punk_tartan

HSC
WouldbeDoctor said:
Wait hold up, you LIKED the book?????
yes i liked it, however it is a nonsensical piece of crap thwhen it comes to analysis ....
me if i wernt not forced to do english i would not be :) however its does contribute and the best i can do is spend my time whinging about it

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
punk_tartan said:
yes i liked it, however it is a nonsensical piece of crap thwhen it comes to analysis ....
me if i wernt not forced to do english i would not be :) however its does contribute and the best i can do is spend my time whinging about it
Girls are supposed to be good at english.

LynH1326

HSC
i loved it but the first 50 pages are hard to get into... also the confusing narrative form is hard for those not used to it.

good idea is to mark out quotes that highlight the themes of food, spirituality, beliefs and things about the house, the spirits and the blackfella. makes things a whole lot easier!

BronwynKate

HSC
Those are great ideas, Lynn.

Are these themes going to be covered in the exam?

Or is it for your own personal edification?

punk_tartan

HSC
WouldbeDoctor said:
Girls are supposed to be good at english.
yeah thats why i do 3 sciences, a science distincion course, ext maths and art. english is the ony writing subject i do
english sucks

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
punk_tartan said:
yeah thats why i do 3 sciences, a science distincion course, ext maths and art. english is the ony writing subject i do
english sucks
:( That's sad to hear, English is my only good subject and I am a dude.

Last edited:

punk_tartan

HSC
WouldbeDoctor said:
:( That's sad to hear, English is my only good subject and I am a dude.
so what if your good at english and your a dude.... breaking the gender barriers are fun :) haha
be grateful your good at english, it is thge one that has to be counted and its sucks as im getting a proportinally lower mark than evry other subject

random_princess

HSC
WouldbeDoctor said:
Yes, as implied, I hate this award winning piece of garbage. It makes me physically sick to read a single word on the page. However, as a modal english student I must acknowledge and promote this non sensical crap that Is worth a significant amount of my H.S.C. I must pretend I love it and learn as much as I can to acquire a good rank. I thought Coleridges poems were him tripping on opium, however I speak of how he transmits himself spirtually, emotionally and imaginatively... Blah blah , I am playing their game.

As for your intial question, what I didn't like about the book, lets see EVERYTHING. This book makes me convulse at the mere sight of it. Its tedious, obtuse and.... well you get the idea.
i totally understand where you are coming from I HATE TIM WINTON I HATE THIS "AWARD WINNING" (my friend and i believe he payed them off") PIECE OF SHIT AND WHOEVER MADE IT A HSC TEXT DESERVES TO BE SHOT AND I REFUSE TO READ ANY MORE THEN IS ACTUALLY NECESSARY AND ANYTHING THAT NEEDS CLAIFICATION FROM THE STUDY GUIDE (god bless the study guide).... tips for people who dont wana read it just pay attention in class and ull pick it up. im doing alright and ive hardly read any of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)