2006 Csa Trial (1 Viewer)

need2studi

HSC
How did you guys find the trial? For me it was alright up until the option topic of the developers view of hardward, 25(b) was insane.. worth 15 marks.. i made up crap to hopefuly get something. I think it was unfair to be worth that many marks for question that if you dont get 1 part you cant get the rest.. and only have like 20 mins to do it. Compared to other past papers it was a joke.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
im pretty sure there were 3 problems in the "looking for a friend" algorithm and not just two.

*the "IF found = false"

*"stand infront of first person in line" being within the while loop meaning you would never check anyone else

*and there wasnt any "ELSE found = true" within the loop.

the other sort algorithm looked like a giant mess, took me longer than usual to get what it was happening. i had a blank in the test and forgot the difference between the different sort/search methods.

think the marking was a bit uneven. some questions which take a fair while to answer were worth too little marks while others a little too much. well in my opinion anyways.

i really should have done more study on paradigms, the 2 textbooks i have ive read the paradigm section over and over and all that i remember from reading them is "a paradigm is a method of doing things"...

edit: due to not being able to post answers i must advise that my post may or may not be complete babble

Last edited:

akujik

HSC
DeathB4Life said:
im pretty sure there were 3 problems in the "looking for a friend" algorithm and not just two.

*the "IF found = false"

*"stand infront of first person in line" being within the while loop meaning you would never check anyone else

*and there wasnt any "ELSE found = true" within the loop.

the other sort algorithm looked like a giant mess, took me longer than usual to get what it was happening. i had a blank in the test and forgot the difference between the different sort/search methods.

think the marking was a bit uneven. some questions which take a fair while to answer were worth too little marks while others a little too much. well in my opinion anyways.

i really should have done more study on paradigms, the 2 textbooks i have ive read the paradigm section over and over and all that i remember from reading them is "a paradigm is a method of doing things"...

edit: due to not being able to post answers i must advise that my post may or may not be complete babble
I have to agree that the searching and sorting questions weren't paricularly nice, the sorting algorithm was probably the scariest piece of pseudocode I've ever seen (we certainly never got algorithms that complex in class before). I also had to appeal to my teacher about the searching algorithm as the error I put down ("stand infront of first person in line" being within the while loop meaning you would never check anyone else), as it wasn't mentioned in the sample answers.

Also, was I the only one who was writing 2 pages for a 2 mark question and about 5 lines for a 6 mark one?

By the way, what marks did everyone end up getting for this trial?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)