I am really worried now.
I got 99.35,

These are the cut offs for the past few years:

2000 2001 2002 2003 2004
UAI 99.05 99.00 99.3 99.3 99.35

So how high will it go????
And what should I do if I miss out?
Will they accept me if I beg?
Are you meant to accept the first offer you get, if you miss out on what you want? And if you do, can you still get another offer????

AHHH!!

hasterz

HSC
imo i think it will go up......

but just go in by full fee paying and then apply for hecs next year

or you can go in somewhere like macquarie or UTS

ohne

HSC
I don't think the cutoff is likely to rise this year.

We should see either the same cutoffs or slightly lower at both UNSW and USyd.

addz

HSC
i think they'll stay the same..
dont think they'll go lower however..

claudia_p

HSC
Unless you know how many people in the state who got 99.3+ UAI who want to do law, you really can't tell.

Your UAI is fantastic though. At least you'lll get close, if that's any consolation! Actually, it probably makes it more annoying.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
claudia_p said:
Unless you know how many people in the state who got 99.3+ UAI who want to do law, you really can't tell.

Your UAI is fantastic though. At least you'lll get close, if that's any consolation! Actually, it probably makes it more annoying.
The consolation will be that it should be relatively easy for him/her to transfer into law after 1st year

ohne

HSC
ohne said:
I don't think the cutoff is likely to rise this year.

We should see either the same cutoffs or slightly lower at both UNSW and USyd.
Actually, I take that back now. According to an article in one of the papers today, law applications are up 10%. So on that basis you might have a chance but it appears less likely. There is also the option that UNSW will go up and USyd down, leaving both at say 99.5

spell check

HSC
hahahah i already do it

aha peasants and their worrying

seriously though, it probably won't change

stamos

sellout
HSC
pfft, i reckon 99.35 to 99.5 is heaps and heaps

i have no idea, but if i was going to guess, i'd say 40, with 35 and 45 being possible as well

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Minai said:
The consolation will be that it should be relatively easy for him/her to transfer into law after 1st year
With a UAI of 99.35, you could probably get away with an average halfway between credit and distinction.

1000words

HSC
Lazarus said:
With a UAI of 99.35, you could probably get away with an average halfway between credit and distinction.
That's interesting. I guess the high UAI but fairly low first year grades show 'potential'?

I would suggest that you obviously try to get the highest average mark you can because whilst you may be able to transfer with marks averaging between a credit and distinction, you may have difficulty getting a job with fairly low marks. That said, first year grades are 'first year grades' and many people do not perform that great (although this allows people who do put in the hard work to perform well an edge in future years). However, I would agree that getting into law is more important at that stage.

spell check

HSC
and if you were horribly injured as a result of someones negligence they can look at your marks to determine your lost earning capacity

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
plz don't injure me yet, wait till I get a better WAM :D

theone123

blue essence
HSC
1000words said:
That's interesting. I guess the high UAI but fairly low first year grades show 'potential'?

I would suggest that you obviously try to get the highest average mark you can because whilst you may be able to transfer with marks averaging between a credit and distinction, you may have difficulty getting a job with fairly low marks. That said, first year grades are 'first year grades' and many people do not perform that great (although this allows people who do put in the hard work to perform well an edge in future years). However, I would agree that getting into law is more important at that stage.
pretty obvious, cuz they would of got it b4 they start 1s year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)