2005 russia (1 Viewer)

jimjim

heya guys.. what do u think they'll ask for us this year?! im thinking either foreign policy, stalin's cultural reforms / affect on society, or the economic policies.. whatcha guys think?!

Twiggyy

twiggy
HSC
^ ye i have a feeling its one of the things u mentioned and maybe even women and more specifically maybe the 5 year plans and dekulikisation

gorgo31

HSC
They'll generally do something from the Lenin period and then the Stalin period. And they won't do something specifically on women because that will favour the Kollontai students, in the same way asking specifically about the Power Struggle will favour the Trotsky students.

They've done the economic policies to death, but still haven't asked a question on Civil War. Cultural reforms and roles of groups within Russian society are also relatively untouched.

HSC
mayb NEP, 5 year plans. have they ever asked anything on war communism?
the second option essay seems to have common thread of stalinism and use of terror to consolidate his power. the civil war could be one as well. they seemed to have focused more on the early years of the perid so mayb they will ask about events and policies that happened later.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
I have a feeling it might be about the Civil War or development of totalitarianism or War Communism and perhaps maybe Cult of Personality?

I have no idea, im just throwing a wild guess because i honestly think it can be anything. This year's HSC exams have proven to be extremely hard- if they decide to specify and pick something they know msot students wouldnt do such as like women, then im screwed because we basically covered that syllabus point in class in only ONE class sheet.

05er

HSC
*caramel adele* said:
mayb NEP, 5 year plans. have they ever asked anything on war communism?
the second option essay seems to have common thread of stalinism and use of terror to consolidate his power. the civil war could be one as well. they seemed to have focused more on the early years of the perid so mayb they will ask about events and policies that happened later.
Have you even looked at the past papers? Last years question was about the NEP and WC!

After another look at the past papers; WATCH OUT FOR THE PURGES PEOPLE!

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Use of Terror (purges, control of society)..... or if they want to be really retarded, Changing foriegn policy question.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Does anyone know what the Russia question focuses were in the 2003HSC?

In 2004 HSC- there was the NEP and War Communisim
2002 HSC- War Communism&NEP, Economic policies->GPW.
2001 HSC- Modernisation, Development of Totalitarianism

So now, i have noooo idea what can be asked. They didnt seem to mind asking War Communism& NEP again in 2004 when they had already done it in 2002. I have a feeling it actually might be like- methods of repression and control: Purges, Censorship? Cult of personality? Civil War?...ahh im so screwed.

motown

2004 wasn't NEP and war comm, it was the impact of GPW and also the power struggle/modernisation.

2004 – a. Evaluate the impact of Lenin’s death in 1924 on party leadership and the debate over modernization within the Bolshevik Party.
b. Assess the impact of the Great Patriotic War on communism and Soviet society.

2003 was cult of personality and totalitarianism, and also account for consolidation of power (17-28).

I would say it is highly unlikely that we'll see a question on women or foreign policy, most of the state cohort would fail. Also worth noting is that the board have obviously acknowledged the Russian course is too difficult (in their opinion) through the alterations of the course for next year. Perhaps that might indicate a friendlier paper?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)