2005 powerplay question (1 Viewer)

lambird

HSC
hey what was the powerplay question last year? i heard it was really hard and really confusing

maskd

HSC
I've noticed there's a trend occuring, and Powerplay questions seem to be very difficult, anywhere, here it is:

Code:
Question 13 — Elective 2: Powerplay (20 marks)
‘At the heart of representation are acts of deliberate selection and emphasis.’
Do the texts you have studied demonstrate this in relation to ‘Powerplay’?
Refer to your prescribed text and at least TWO other related texts of your own choosing.
The prescribed texts are:
• Shakespeare –William Shakespeare, Antony and Cleopatra
• Prose Fiction – George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four
• Drama – Hannie Rayson, Life After George
• Media –John Hughes, After Mabo

lambird

HSC
wat the. that question dosent even make sense. well not to me. i'd spend the whole time tryin to work out what the hell to write.
god i hope we get an easier question :mad1:

HSC
yea lambird, i read it and felt the same as well. I guess, on a general level, it's basically "does the power reside in selection and emphasis". So for AC, it does in that Cleopatra gets Antony to give his power to her by falling into her trap. What i mean is, though Cleopatra is the only female, she manipulates the males of power within the story, "selecting" who she works on (which is pretty much everyone with power) so that she herself can gain power. About the emphasis part though, i don't know how to approach that.

Have fun with it, i'm sure i'll crash and burn in this section, but who knows, may get lucky.

courtneyrobbo

HSC
how many texts do we have to talk about for powerplay?

i know it says at least 2 related texts, but it said 1 related text in the AOS section 3 question and i did 3, on the advice of my teacher.

anyone help??

lambird

HSC
for powerplay i hav two supporting texts. in doin 1984 and my sup texts are odd girl out and the handmaid's tale. even tho the handmaids tale is used for extension, oh well.

HSC
our teachers recommended 2 related texts. I seriously doubt they'll ask for 3. If you know 3, i guess it's good, cause depending the question, you can pick the two best related texts to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)