2005 PIP TOPICS ... WHAT ARE THE 05ers DOING? (1 Viewer)

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
im doing bullying, what effect does it have on the bystander.
i really didnt have a choice, my teacher pushed it at me too hard.
i was gonna do
assimilation in the 1950's how has that effected them today.
but my teacher didnt think it was "manageable"

Ell

HSC
Hey,
I am doing the emerging roles of laughter within society. This means i have to crap on about Patch Adams, clown doc's, intercultural communication etc etc! Am just making final adjustments to the cental material! thank god its nearly over!

>>>>SMURF<<<<

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
wow ur PIP sounds awesome...and original, how did you come up with that?
did u include those laughing groups?

well good luck! ONE WEEK TO GO!!!

nadinetannous

HSC
first day of yr 12 today and i have chosen:
sex sells... and the children are buying

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
nadinetannous said:
first day of yr 12 today and i have chosen:
sex sells... and the children are buying
hey sounds a bit like my PIP take a look at it.. there might be some helpful things in there. its posted up somewhere..

how did you decide your topic so fast?

bre

Good luck new year 12.

I loved doing my PIP this year, simply because it gave me the oppurtunity to do something that I really loved doing.

My topic was the Glass ceiling of the australian music industry. Looking at why female rockers tend to be either subdued or exploited in australian music... trying to work out why we don't have our own blondie, or courtney love or janis joplin to show the world.. sure we have kylie, but she's turned all british and it'd be great to see someone be able to achieve her level of success without having to dance around in hot pants.

it was really fucking interesting and I got so into it. It was great, I didn't have to feel bad about going out and sneaking into clubs because it was *cough cough* homework... and research.

I got to talk to some of the most amazing people from indie record labels and of course, some people I really idolise in music... *sigh* tim steward... adalita...

biggest name I got was Kevin from Jebediah..

Rockers always have a lot to say.

GOOD LUCK AGAIN NEW YEAR 12!! Just get out there and you'll be surprised at how much people are willing to help you..

Oh, and someone said something about it being okay if you leave it till the last few weeks to write... I'm not too sure I agree.
In my case, the day before trial exams my sister had a car accident that left her condition critical, and on top of that and the trials, I had the PIP due in the middle of it as well as 3 other major works due on the horizon AND moving house because of ANOTHER family matter...

You never know what life is gonna chuck in your face to test you, so don't leave it till last minute. I'd done so much research and had so many good ideas but only the intro and first chapter ended up being decent pieces of writing because of the situation I was in. DON'T LEAVE IT TILL THE LAST MINUTE!!!

Thats all.

Have a nice day
=)

sophistiMOkated

HSC
i chose the topic of name stereotyping. it's about how your first name influences other people's initial reactions towards you. eg: are Justin's all good looking like JUSTIN timberlake? or do Edwin's all have big ears and large... IQ's :rolleyes: for research, i got to do really exciting *cough* things like, go to the library and raid them of all their baby naming books - the library dude thought i was pregnant and asked when my baby was due.. grrr - as well as questionnaires (you can meet people through them.. or use them to pick people up :p)
i also looked into how people capitalise on their names, like the people on ebay who try to sell the naming rights of their baby, husband/wife, mother, aunt, dog, cat, beer can.... and its possible longterm effects on the person's sense of self.
i think that as you write, the more you start getting into it. but dont choose a topic only coz it sounds smart, you might fall asleep researching.

good luck guys... the pip may very well be the 'funnest' thing u'll do in ur hsc year :p

s1mplykat

HSC
kitson said:
can any one help me how the hell do you write the pip intro. i've nearly finished my research, ive yet to get books and write surveys. i'm really stuck i do the course by distance education and im struggling. my pip topic is abortion and why people choose to be pro life vs pro choice - what influences that.
i’d advise you to stay clear of unethical subjects such as abortions or drugs etc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)