2005 HSC Question - Cloudstreet (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
Your class has been exploring the question, 'What will continue to make Cloudstreet worthy of critical study?'

Your personal response has been challenged by another student. Defend your response through a critical evaluation of Cloudstreet, analysing the contruction, content and language of the text.

Is it necessary to put in the essay, with the already mentioned, the different perspectives of others, e.g. Micheal Goonan?

As a personal response, should I also mention my own interpretation, where I'll write in first person for that part, then switch back to the standard 3rd person?

Or should I just write about Cloudstreet's structure, themes and techniques and leave out differing perspectives?

lozzipops_87

HSC
I did this one last year, bit of a tough question i thought.. It is definately important to give your own personal opinion whilst still sticking to essay structure. Some older teachers may tell you different but there is nothing wrong with writing in first person for at least some of the essay. I think its important to mention that the multiple themes in the book do make it worthy of critical study. You dont neccesarily have to refer to others. hope i helped a bit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)