2004 Trials - Questions (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Hi guys,

I am comipling a list of all of the 2004 Trial Questions for the Extension English Papers. Please post your topic & question (as close as you can remember it) so it can be added to the list.

I envision this as a tool for your HSC preperation.

Module A
- Crime Fiction
--

Module B
- Postmodernism
-- "Some postmodern texts have regarded people as 'victims of their society. Disscuss"

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
trial questions

what was everyone's responding and composing questions for this module? ours were (paraphrasing ever-so-slightly of course):
-although composers aim for creativity, they cannot help reflecting the ways of thinking of their time
-using one of the given stimulus* as a base, compose a piece of creative writing dealing with the issues focused on in your particular elective. at the start of your piece you must indicate your elective, context, purpose and intended audience.

*STIMULUS:
-As usual he was confused
-There was no point struggling
-This was how it was always meant to be...

they didnt say, but i think this was just a bought paper, no modifications, so others may have had the same one.
anyway, it would be good if people put there's up for others to practice on

clerisy

HSC
CSSA-

Module B- Texts and Ways of Thinking Q5 (but all the other modules got a similar question):
Write the transcript of a talk show titled 'Literary Hour'.
Two scholars in the area of your elective have been invited to consider the value of that elective to contemporary responders.
In your transcript refer to two prescribed texts and other texts.

Individual and Society, Q6
How do the tensions between individuals and social institutions shape the texts in this elective?
Refer to two prescribed texts and other texts.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
This was my school compiled trial for EE1. I can't really remember the essay question, it was pretty standard.

Module A - Genre (Speculative Fiction)
Essay
How do the composers in your genre use and manipulate the codes and conventions to their own purposes. Make reference to 2 prescribed texts and texts of your own choosing.

Creative writing:
Take 2 characters from 2 different prescribed texts and using them create your own new text. You may write in any form.

Sorry it's not very accurate, that was last monday and i've kinda forgotten the question since then (by choice.. i didn't like it!)

LVB

Module A: Genre

Speculative Fiction

(can't remember the whole thing but basically...)

Q3- Write a synopsis for a 2hour Speculative Fiction film/tv and compose the opening scenes

Q4- You are hosting a discussions with the authors of your prescribed text and the topic is how does the genre impact on the composer's chosen world (something 2 this effect). Refer to your prescribed texts and others of your own choosing

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Mod B: Texts + ways of thinking
Postmodernism

"postmodernism rules ok. discuss. (with reference to at least 2 sets texts and other related materials".

The other one was based on an article extract, so I can't type it up, sorry

KarmaKitten

HSC
glycerine said:
Mod B: Texts + ways of thinking
Postmodernism

"postmodernism rules ok. discuss. (with reference to at least 2 sets texts and other related materials".

The other one was based on an article extract, so I can't type it up, sorry
You're joking right?
Postmodernism rules?.

shoo

ours was for individual and society:
-analytical: the texts in this module allow for winners and losers. how do you interpret this statement in terms of the individual and society?

creative: "what message do you give to youth and authors about social and creative standards?" imagine you are a composer, reply to the question...

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
I'm not sure if this was a past HSC or not but just in case....(paraphrasing of course)

Texts and Ways of Thinking:
Texts in this module involve a resistance to the mainstream. Discuss how and why they do this.

Postmodernism:
Imagine you are the composer of one of your set texts. You have been given a right of reply in a newspaper which published a letter accusing your composition of being "intellectually pretentious" and "a waste of time". Write your reply letter and explain your purpose and approach in composing your text.

caramelheaven

serial coconut.
HSC
Changes of context encourage composers to reinterpret genres in new and challenging ways. discuss blah blah (i cant rememba something like that..)

(pymble trial 2004)

'much of the capacity of revenge tragedy to disturb stems from its paradoxical nature. Revenge itself may be destructive, but its impulse is mobilised by values and the allegiances which would have to be called positive.'

How effectively does the revenge tragedy you have studied demonstrate the ambiguity of revenge?

(pymble trial 2002)

ally86f

novice
HSC
Individual and Society Question (NSGHS 2004)
Creative
Write a discussion between two composers of your prescribed texts discussing the statement "Literary works influence social change"

or somesuch.

awesome question! (if you read it closely it says "regurgitate your essay as a conversation")

HSC
N/A
Module B: Texts and ways of thinking - RFTG (HGHS HSC Trial 2004)

"In spite of their attempts to be inventive, composers cannot escape the ways of thinking of their historical context"

Use at least 2 prescribed texts and at least 2 related texts of your own choice. [sub-text: If you are using Heaney or LSGOB, use at least 2 poems and/or 2 short stories]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)