2004 HSC short answer (1 Viewer)

know_it_all

sori this has probably been asked already but im sure every1 (cept me) knows the answer

23.b) Distinguish btwn the private and social costs associated with the logging of rainforests (3 marks)

mattchan

HSC
23.b) Distinguish btwn the private and social costs associated with the logging of rainforests (3 marks)

Ummm lets see.

The private costs of logging a rain forest would be the cost of transporting the machinery to the rainforest and operating them. It would also include the cost of hiring the workers to operate the machines. However, while the private costs are accounted for by the price mechanism, the social costs such as the destruction of the natural environment is not included. The logging of a rainforest will result in less air, more polluted environment, and an eye sore to the community. The social costs also doesnt include the future logging of trees as the consumption of trees is reduced.

I hope thats right lol

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
exchange the term private with economic or currency influenced costs. I can see how this is a little confusing. Just think of private as in the private sector, business and corporations as such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)