2004 Cutoffs released (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Well my first pref was Comm (journo)/int stud at UTS, which I won't get, but I'm not that worried...

The one that I will get is Comm (journo)... last years cutoff was 96.3 and my 96.5 was dangerously close and if it went up I would have been gone!!! But it went down! To 94.7!!! So I'm in (well, if these are the cutoffs, I can't see why I wouldn't be!) and I'm ecstatic because that was the course I was aiming all year to do... and I can always try and pick up international studies after first year if I still want to do it...

I'm so happy.... I cried with happiness when I saw the cutoff had gone down!

vv1234

hehehe.................
so happy... i am way above the cut off for software eng at unsw

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
wow congrats to everyone!!

unlike you though, i'm a now second year uni student and trying to trasnfer so these cut offs don't mean anything to me.. it looks like i'm one of the unlucky few waiting till monday with the agony of uncertainty!! :(

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Same..... and the unexpectedness of the whole thing!!! Just BAM... here's what you got.... I've been using the word BAM a lot lol... I'm kinda wordless atm!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Congrats on everyone with their cutoffs
Commerce @ UNSW is at 96.00 now..interesting

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ahaha this is too funny... there were only 2 courses out of the hundreds available that i was even considering.. anyway one of them which was at uts i was like nahh its 96.65 (or something like that) now plus it will probably go up so there is no way id get in... ahahahahaha if i put it down i would have got in cause it went down like 2 uai points...
but its ok because it would have been my second preference anyway and i had my heart set on macquarie due to locality... i took the uts one off my preferences because i thought i wouldnt get in and thought well may as well put a lower mac one that is similar to what i want and i can always transfer... but all is good anyway i got into what i wanted...
but i just find that tooo funny! thank god the fact of the actual uni came into play else id be shitting myself right about now

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
if you're uai is above the cut off, is it guaranteed that u will get in? im hearing about all these ppl who qualify for the course in terms of uai but were not offered a place. can comeone clear this up for me?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
well if the course has a pre-req or entry is based on another criteria, then a uai above the published cut off is not sufficient and the candidate will not recieve an offer!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
whoever found this - you're a LEGEND!! most of the cutoffs have gone up

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
about 70000 people put in for 38000 places

lots of sad people around

i got into engineering/arts at unsw...but i'm defering and after a year i may just change my mine

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol

well monday is still the day for some people with EAS or bonus points, but i suppose others can relax now. i still worry i'm not going to get a letter for some freak reason, and they will say they forgot me or something.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
lol

well monday is still the day for some people with EAS or bonus points, but i suppose others can relax now. i still worry i'm not going to get a letter for some freak reason, and they will say they forgot me or something.
hey don't forget us that are trying to transfer!! we have to endure that agonising wait till monday!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well good luck to all the people who can't use that pdf file! only 2 more days.

you can get results on the net on sunday by the way, check out uac.

i want the paper to see what everyone i know got into!

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
I just had the fatest party time ever...

OMG cranked open the champagne and it was great

B Bus / B Computing @ UTS HERE I COME!!!

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by jlh
hey don't forget us that are trying to transfer!! we have to endure that agonising wait till monday!!
what course are you transferring to?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
b. business b. computing at uts!!

congrats beaky!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)