2004 cutoff? (1 Viewer)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
oops sorry ruka.. give me some credit! i would've thought of a better insult than that! :p
and yeah, if you look at the trends law cut-offs will be going up. i don't think unsw would rise to more than 99.6 though

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
lol!....
nups.. sugamama... unsw cutoff'll b either .4 or .5 dis yr... if its any higher there wont b enuf applicants 2 fill up the quota... if i had 2 take a guess id say .5...
hey... sugamama wot u gona do?

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
asq... also i wanna ask... once u receive ur offer... wot kinda procedures do u have to go thru... n wot days do u have 2 attend n when are they...

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
ruka i think you should definitely go to unsw... forget about usyd, its well known to be all "prestige" and very little substance- unsw has easily the best reputation for law in this state with the people that actually count. even though sydney has a higher uai... it really shouldn't.

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
Hmm I really do hope it's gonna stay less than 99.6

I'm definately looking to go to UNSW screw what everyone else wants me to do

Ruk it'll be good because it'll be all SBHS peeps :)

Yeah and Asq what's the deal after we receive main round offers
like what do we do next?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
it shouldnt go over 99.6... i mean theres like 360 ppl with that mark (right?) and consider 90 will do USyd law, another 90 medicine, and quite a few actuarials as well, which should leave enough ppl doing UNSW law

deesele

HSC
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo..
how flexible are they?
like, would they let in someone who got 99.35, if the cutoff mark is say, 99.4?

Rahul

Dead Member
the cut off isnt just worked out by the uni.
they have a certain number of places for certain courses. they go to applicants with the highest uai's. the lowest uai out of them becomes the cut off uai, more so as a guide for the next year(s).

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
write a letter to the dean or something
would that actually help?? (i am just going into year 12 but am interested.....:) )

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
It's possible...

Not likely to succeed, but possible...

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
deesele... i noe a frnd from school last yr who got 99.1 or .2 uai... n opted 2 go 4 second round offers... n got in2 unsw... so id say accept ur 2nd pref for the main round... then leave ur pref unchanged n c how things go in the second round...

n laz... wots ur opinion on unsw vs usyd

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
laz would have a biased opinion, since he transferred from usyd to unsw :D:p

deesele

HSC
serious rukawasan?
that cheers me up a bit..
thanks alot bro

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
np... ur only very lil off... so personally id b reasonably confident bt 2nd round... but cant guarantee nethin... so accept ur first round offer as well... n wait n c wot happnes in the 2nd round...

if however... unfortunately u miss out... u mite wanna consider payin full fee for the first yr n transferin 2 hecs at the end of the first... u'll b successful if u manage a credit ave i rekon since ur uai is so close... that way u wont waste ne time but on the other hand... it is 18720 bucks if i rmb correctly

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i thought in the later rounds the cut-off usually goes up? i wouldn't depend on the fee>hecs option because if you can't transfer you'll be stuck with the hefty fees! just study what you were going to combine with law, and so if you get to transfer then great, and if you can't then just do postgrad law.. only one extra year.

spin spin, usyd isn't thaaat bad

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I might do postgrad law if I can still be bothered studying, since I'm almost certainly gonna miss the cutoff nxt year

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Toodulu
spin spin, usyd isn't thaaat bad
says who? high school students? pffft
a lot of people are just convinced by the hype surrounding usyd, from what ive heard (my grandfather is a renowned barrister and so are quite a few close family friends) it is riding on its name rather than what it actually does. they are people whose opinion i actually trust, rather than a bunch of high school students who have been convinced that usyd is the best merely cos it has the highest uai. i think usyd is great for other subjects, like arts, etc, but its not everything its cracked up to be for law.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i think unsw is beginning, now, to be releasing very good graduates into the law world...but ur rite, usyd has been riding on its name for too long and i think now its starting to realise that. i think we'll all be involved in a period of change

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
so pigs are you gonna UNSW law?

also do you know who's goin from our school to the USYD breakfast?

I know I might and so might Newbie and Lam

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Temptation to take another day off work ... rising...

btw who are you sugamama?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)