2002 HSCers - Pathways Friend needs 97 and needs guide as to what marks are needed (1 Viewer)

ilovemrchips

Friend of mine is doing pathways (she's finishing this year) and needs a UAI of 97

What she wanted was a guide - what sort of aligned marks and/or school ranks did you receive to get a UAI of around 97. It would be helpful also to get some responses from people who do similar subjects to her.

Subjects completed 2002

English Adv 92
English Ext 1 88
Art 90
Physics 82

Subjects completed 2003

Maths
Maths Ext 1
Chemistry
Latin
Latin Ext

Friend says thanks =)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
English looks good. :)
(I did relatively similar subjects: ME2, Latin Cont., Physics, Adv Eng... actually those were the subjects that counted for me.)

I'd say for 97+:
Latin: Top 40% (of the state, likewise for rest)
Latin Ext: Top 60%
Math: Top 5%
Math E1: Top 10%
Chem: Top 10%

And that should be more than enough for 97.

ilovemrchips

schweet =)

thanks for the percentil guide flyin'
i'll get her to check them against the scaling table so she can have a squiz at the kind of marks she'll be needin.

sneeble

I think that once you're aiming for anything above 95, it's important to try as hard as possible... You never know what might go wrong, and with goals that high, a small stuff up might damage your UAI irreperably...

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by sneeble
I think that once you're aiming for anything above 95, it's important to try as hard as possible... You never know what might go wrong, and with goals that high, a small stuff up might damage your UAI irreperably...
Dude dont comment on other people's hsc marks, because i find it rather funny because you don't even know what your marks will come out like.

zzaga

oh hey this is about me! thanx for posting this up for me sharnz~
good lord after latin today i think that my expectations have drastically reduced.............

do you guys think that i could get a uai over 95, if say all my HSC marks for the subjects i did this year were in the 80's (except for latin and 3U maths)?

Last edited:

sneeble

LaZy_KoReAn, I don't quite understand the rationale behind your post...

What I have said is a matter of opinion. It is not a comment on anyones HSC marks! This guy has asked for advice, and I've said that in my opinion he should aim as high as possible (ie 100) because I think once you're aiming at over 95, you need to try as hard as possible to allow for any little stuff ups...

How can I be expected to know what my marks will come out at? It's not my fault I'm just starting year 12!

What's more, when people ask for advice on their marks, do you expect the advice to be censored? They're asking for people to comment on their marks by asking what they need to get to get! How can you give them advice without commenting on their current position as a pretext to discussing where they're trying to get to... ???

Are you on drugs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)