2002 Hsc Q13 (1 Viewer)

cameron0110

HSC
I did this question today

13 Which of the following recognises and enforces rights?
A Ethics
B Justice
C Natural Law
D Precedent

I put D because I thought that common law is basically where most of Australian rights anyway are recognised and enforced, which means precedent. The answer they had was B justice... apart from the obvious issue of it not making any sense in English (justice enforces and recognises rights?) I was wondering how that could be the answer and whether there were any other of these sorts of ambiguous and downright weird questions out there?

brunette

HSC
ohhh i did this one today too! i got B tho coz its obviously not A or C and originally i thought D but since precendent means wat it means it cant recognise rights as new rights are established as society changes....while precedent means that u have to follow court rulings from centuries ago even if they are not applicatble to socity of today
while justice takes its account individual circumstances, equality etc. and is therefore better able to recognise rights while being able to enforce them through equity
does this make sense???

Ziff

HSC
N/A
This was a fucked up question.

brunette

HSC
oh btw there was like real anger of this question so i doubt theyll ask anyhing similar again

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i guessed B though

its a bit ambigious but ask yourself

how does a precedent 'recognise and enforce a right'? it doesn't really in a direct way..like i can see how it would, but i guess they're suggesting it isnt its primary purpose

justice, its a bit wishy washy, but its the overall concept of treating people in a just way, so that rights of society can be recognised and enforced

mack

Banned
HSC
There was another MC question in that paper that gave people grief too- The concert one, where the answer was contract law.

cameron0110

HSC
Thanks guys, I was worried that there was something obvious I was missing but obviously it was a bit of a dodgy question. Actually the first time I looked at it I managed to eliminate all the answers which isn't a good sign, fingers crossed something like this doesn't come up this year.

mcjaffa

yeah didn't most people get that Q wrong or something...?

i would not be worried about that specific question, rather that an equivalent question that requires a deconstruction of the english lingo will pop up again this year, like they always seem to do. tricky... and unfair. as is the nature of multiple choice.

:: dreami ::

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
wtf

i did the exact same question a while ago and it was "precedent"

:-?

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
mack said:
There was another MC question in that paper that gave people grief too- The concert one, where the answer was contract law.
concert? you mean cereal right?

santaslayer

HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
i guessed B though

its a bit ambigious but ask yourself

how does a precedent 'recognise and enforce a right'? it doesn't really in a direct way..like i can see how it would, but i guess they're suggesting it isnt its primary purpose

justice, its a bit wishy washy, but its the overall concept of treating people in a just way, so that rights of society can be recognised and enforced
justice cant be enforced...precedent can...

random guessing from santaslayer

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
it is formally enforced through legislation....err i dunno im making up shit

legal is shit :p

Teoh

For this question, both answers B and D, were given as correct
That's why people have seen different sets of answers with both B and D correct...me thinks.

brunette

HSC
yeh when it was done the board of studies said 'justice' but all the teachers thought it was 'precedent'
i thought it was precedent when our teacher tested us last yr too but it aint

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)