2002 HSC exam mark... (1 Viewer)

schooly

Hi, i was wondering if anyone knows what RAW mark in the 2002 hsc 4unit paper got them a band 6 last year?
Also, has anyone here done the paper for practice and marked it honestly? i am interested to see my level to others.
i didnt do too well , got 84/120 raw :(

Affinity

HSC
84/120 that's band E4 I think... but BOS bands doesn't work on raw marks.. they change what questions are worth for the band thing.

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Hey man, last time 5 people in this forum were sure that they'd get 120/120, based on a poll :D

nah, prolly only one of them is for real ;p

Originally posted by Affinity
but BOS bands doesn't work on raw marks.. they change what questions are worth for the band thing.
Really? So, the marks are different for each question now?

Maybe i'll take drbuchanan's suggestion and do q8 straight away, screwing the rest :D

schooly

hmmm.... my teacher was telling me u need AT LEAST 95/120 to get the top band..... thats not correct?

but BOS bands doesn't work on raw marks.. they change what questions are worth for the band thing
can u please explain what u mean? this seems interesting/important.

Thankyou

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
eh?/ they dont change what questions are worth do they??????
i thought that after u did the exam, they shoved all the marks in a line, then squashed it in a bell curve shape then pushed it to the top end of the scale... (????)

mercury

.:: Hg ::.
HSC
getting the first 6 questions right would make you set for band 6 =p and i heard from my teacher it the marks ain't that high
having had a look at the actual statistics... only 1 person got question 8 right, while an unbelievably small number attempted questions 6-8.even for question 4,5, a lot ppl seemed to have trouble.
so i guess the best thing to do is know the set stuff well, ensure you get 1-6, and then if there's time, take a peek at 7 and 8. Of course the degree of difficulty may vary from question to question, person to person =p depends on urself i guess

Affinity

HSC
it goes through a process of aligning I think.. where judges look at the question and say and Band E4 student should be able to:
then they adjust the marks.

Anyway, I suppose everyone here is interested in UAIs.. so forget what BOS does. UAC works on raw marks

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
raw (not shown) -> aligned (shown) -> scaled (not shown) -> added to aggregate for uai calculation (not shown) -> UAI (shown) :)

BTW, Affinity, what raw marks have you been getting in past hsc papers, you seem REEEAAAAALLLLYY SSSMMMMAAAAARRTT :D

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure raw marks -> BOS, then scaled marks calc by UAC, Laz please?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
My exam mark was 93 (HSC aligned). I think as for a raw mark, I would've got around mid-80s.

---
BOS takes your Raw marks and converts them into aligned marks for you're HSC results.

UAC takes you Raw marks and scaled them like crazy for you're UAI.

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Originally posted by enak
Laz please?
Classic :D. I could picture him heading the public relations committe for UAC.

Oh and I don't think he often browse this forum too much, although he showed up and showed a pretty cool probability trick before..

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by flyin'
My exam mark was 93 (HSC aligned). I think as for a raw mark, I would've got around mid-80s.

---
BOS takes your Raw marks and converts them into aligned marks for you're HSC results.

UAC takes you Raw marks and scaled them like crazy for you're UAI.
I'm gonna put that in my sig :D

hk31

HSC
yep...i'm aiming to complete...first 6 questions....mayb try q7 and 8..

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by flyin'
Is it really worth puttin' in your signature? :p:p
Ye, just to tease everyone who isn't doing 4u :p :rofl:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
That's fair enough. But if it's to tease all those non-4U people, then you better start postin' outside 4U. :D:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)