2001 HSC question (HR) (1 Viewer)

2003HSC

Using one specific example of an international human rights issue, outline how domestic law has responded to this issue. (3 marks)

my int'l issue is slavery, so does anyone know how domestic measures have addressed this?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Australia signing & ratifyng the UN Declaration of Human Rights, Convention on the Rights of the child, and Slavery Protocol, as well as Workplace & Industrial Relations Acts that set out minimum wages and work conditions.

Last edited:

Golani

that would help :p

it's the same for every issue......just look at what the goverment does or doesn't do to protect us

sophi

Also, specifically in relation to slavery for the sex trade, the C'th gov. introduced the Child Sex Tours Act (I think in 1987, but don't quote me on that) prohibiting citizens' involvement in illegal child sex industry in other jurisdictions. This was in direct response to the growing asian sex tourism trade. The C'th gov. can prosecute offerders under this act.

Last edited:

adamj

Sophi is right, the Government has excercised its power under Section 51(xxix) of the constitution in "external affairs" they can prosecute people who engage in the usage of slavery such as child sex tours - the case of John Arthur Lee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)