2 week break (1 Viewer)

popsmokeswife

HSC
any advice on how to revise term 1 and 2 content, do past papers, do practice english essays, read great expectations and do my mdp in 2 weeks πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
If you want to initially find out what you know/don't know, you can attempt some past paper questions

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
Yess but i have to do so much stuff, any tips on how to like do do everything in such a short amount of time 😭
Set up a list of goals for each day
leave ur house and ONLY take what u need e.g. 2 past papers or whatever u need to get done each day
do not come home until u have finished them

(i do not do this bc im too lazy to go library but im considering this lately)
but this def work with many ppl who struggle to get work done efficiently at home

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
any advice on how to revise term 1 and 2 content, do past papers, do practice english essays, read great expectations and do my mdp in 2 weeks πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«
Same lmao idk how im gonna finish mod c task, 3 4u math text books on three topics each, chemistry and eco notes all in two weeks on top of tutoring and everything else that I haven't finished from school

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Yess but i have to do so much stuff, any tips on how to like do do everything in such a short amount of time 😭
just chatgpt it.

Since I assume you're revising term 1 and 2 content in prep for trials, maybe you don't need to do it all within the two weeks. You can spread out your revision + any new content learnt over a period of time. As for reading great expectations, that is one of the most boring books I've ever read, but I think it matters if you're reading it to just read it or you're going to read it as well as analyze it. The book gets better as you progress though.

As synthesisFR said, the best thing to do is create a set of goals each day and keep yourself accountable to it. Something you could do (which may or may not be the amount of work you're willing to do) is 1x past paper, 1x practice essay and (the amount of pages in Great Expectations)/14 days.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
any advice on how to do practice english essays, read great expectations and do my mdp in 2 weeks πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«
just read your text. i'm not kidding. i also have a prose novel prescribed for module b albeit a different one to yours, and the only way to end up reading your text is just to start it. getting the incentive to actually just start reading it is the hard part, but when you settle down with the book reading as much as you can in one sitting you'll realise you would've read a lot by the end. this is how i ended up reading an entire book while in the city, i just read it with no accounting for what page or how much time passed, you'll know when to stop when you just let yourself 'go' and just indulge yourself in a good read. if it helps, i read great expectations in y9, dropped it when i was so desperate and focusing on reading as much pages as i could and restarted and finished it in year 10, every day i would just spend an hour in the morning (i woke up early) reading it up to the end of breakfast, then as to not tire myself out from spending so much time just reading the book i just placed a bookmark in and then continued about my day and read it the next. it's actually a great book once you just let yourself in it.

my prac essays are in a scaffold, made from colourful organised tables with little subtitles and headings that split my essay up into separate 'chunks' that make it easier for me to understand/absorb and also guide me + give me indicators as to what ideas i have to write. for example, the one i wrote for module a had one column that described the argument stripped down to its basic themes, and then little subheadings from there such as Topic sentence / Poem 1 / Poem 2 / Poem 3

popsmokeswife

HSC
Same lmao idk how im gonna finish mod c task, 3 4u math text books on three topics each, chemistry and eco notes all in two weeks on top of tutoring and everything else that I haven't finished from school
We're in this together 😩 also the "only take what u need" thing is really smart, definently gonna try it thank u!

ms_grape_taco

HSC
Would you recommend trying to do whole past papers for 4u maths? My tutoring centre is about to finish all the 4u content and it would be just revision in class after that... should I start doing whole past papers?

But- the next assessment of ours does not include all the topics...?

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
Would you recommend trying to do whole past papers for 4u maths? My tutoring centre is about to finish all the 4u content and it would be just revision in class after that... should I start doing whole past papers?

wait u guys already almost done with 4u?

ms_grape_taco

HSC
Yeah... last lesson on mechanics this week

I personally find it too fast honestly.

I've heard that a lot of tutoring centres are at least started on mechanics or close to finishing

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
We are up to like shm.

For trial papers i would say start but stay consistent with it. During exams u can focus on whatever is in ur test during the exam block.

ms_grape_taco

HSC
Hmm yeah that's what I was planning to do. But isn't it too early to start studying for the next exam block? Considering we have like 2 months to go? Also I feel like I would probably finish all the questions if I start doing questions for the next exam block now...

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
yeah wat im doing over the next two weeks is just consolidation on past work. Ig the goal is to not get rusty with past topics bc if u stop for a while u become bad at the topic again, which is what happened to me before.
In terms of trial papers i haven't started yet but i would like to as soon as I finish the syllabus for maths. In the meantime I just want to focus on my weaknesses (e.g inequalities its a stupid topic..) and make sure I stay solid with topics that I'm good at (e.g vectors).

ms_grape_taco

HSC
Yeah that's fair. Sounds like a good plan. Are you going straight to trial questions or doing some questions from "easier" sources (chapter reviews in Cambridge or smartermaths)?

I think for me it'll probably be maths induction or complex number II

nsw..wollongong

HSC
kind of irrelevant sorry but does anyone else think that the fact that UAC only gives you 5 course options to apply for... kinda tedious??

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
Yeah that's fair. Sounds like a good plan. Are you going straight to trial questions or doing some questions from "easier" sources (chapter reviews in Cambridge or smartermaths)?

I think for me it'll probably be maths induction or complex number II
true i forgot smartermaths was a thing i need to ask my teacher to upload that
For now im just doing harder questions from different textbooks
p.s do u go tutoring for every single subject that u do, so u said math phsics bio in ur other posts and everything else?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Hmm yeah that's what I was planning to do. But isn't it too early to start studying for the next exam block? Considering we have like 2 months to go? Also I feel like I would probably finish all the questions if I start doing questions for the next exam block now...
The earlier you start the better. I doubt you'll finish every question

carrotsss

HSC

Yes, the skills of doing papers faster will translate across topics and also it’s really important to stay good at every topic by doing frequent past papers, it’s a pain to catch back up later

ms_grape_taco

HSC
true i forgot smartermaths was a thing i need to ask my teacher to upload that
For now im just doing harder questions from different textbooks
p.s do u go tutoring for every single subject that u do, so u said math phsics bio in ur other posts and everything else?
Are you doing the whole chapter again for the topics you struggle with? or just harder questions?

Yeah that's pretty much it - i don't go to tutoring for english that's the only one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)