2 STATE RANKS | 99.95 TUTOR | MATHS, CHEM, PHYS TUTOR (1 Viewer)

brianren

HSC
Hi! I'm Brian and I graduated as dux of St Aloysius (6th in state) in 2023. I am currently studying for a Bachelor of Science majoring in maths / Science (Computer Science) at UNSW. I have developed material for tutoring centres and tutored students from top selective schools such as Sydney Boys and Normanhurst Boys.

Academic Achievements
ATAR: 99.95
Mathematics Extension 1: 100 (5th in NSW)
Mathematics Extension 2: 96 (Ranked 1st internally)
Mathematics Advanced: 100 (accelerated in yr 11, ranked 1st internally)
Physics: 97 (9th in NSW)
Chemistry: 97 (Ranked 2nd internally)
English: 93

Teaching Services
I am offering online tutoring for mathematics extension 1, 2, advanced, chemistry and physics for year 11 and 12 HSC. I am accepting both private tutoring and small groups of up to 5 students. I can aid in arranging these small classes by placing the students in groups at a similar level or you can bring your peers. Now also accepting years 7-11 for maths!

Rates will depend on the year and the number of students so feel free to send me a DM or email me.

What I offer:

My tutoring lessons will be tailored according to the student's weaknesses such that they see improvements in their marks and develop greater confidence. I will also adapt according to the student's preference in pace and style.

Mathematics:
Although memorising and recognising patterns is a part of succeeding in HSC, it is only adequate for solving fundamental questions. Instead, a conceptual understanding of theory is also required to solve questions that deviate from the norm and allow students to connect questions in different ways. As a result, my students will set themselves apart from the average. I can provide this through in-depth theory explanations as well as challenging past paper questions.

Other tutors often undermine the effectiveness of heuristics that can be incorporated into study methods and exam techniques which are integral to succeeding in the HSC. How each of us prefers to study is different, but I can offer you methods for how I studied efficiently to maximise my marks within the time I had. Heuristics are extremely helpful in working through questions systematically to eliminate minor errors. Although I say minor errors, they do summate to significantly decrease your overall mark and many students I know can relate to the crushing feeling upon seeing your mark significantly below your expectations. Heuristics also allow students to swiftly work through questions as it will become 2nd nature to them with adequate exposure. Hence, under my tutelage, I can aid you in increasing your ranks significantly.

Sciences:
The chemistry syllabus and physics syllabus are shifting away from memorisation and instead emphasise conceptual understanding paired with a student's approach to questions. I train students to recognise fundamental questions and follow a scaffold that guarantees them full marks for such questions. I also emphasise the importance of planning first and attempting to predict the marking criteria while addressing any additional details to ensure full marks. This skill comes from a combination of what I teach and experience with the questions I provide.

Another key detail students often miss is the ability to communicate with clarity. This ability also involves planning out the question first and then formatting your answers such that they are logical and concise which is usually a mark for long answer questions. I will highlight the inclusion of graphs, headings and diagrams which all aid in coherently communicating your ideas.

I am fairly flexible with the schedule, as I understand how hectic the HSC can be, especially during exam periods. I am also able to answer questions not only on the subject I teach but also on HSC in general!

I am here to help you succeed in your goals! Contact me today to schedule your first lesson or ask any questions!

Contacts:
Email me at brian.ren5245@gmail.com

Last edited:

cossine

HSC
Hi! I'm Brian and I graduated as dux of St Aloysius (6th in state) in 2023. I am currently studying for a Bachelor of Science majoring in maths / Science (Computer Science) at UNSW. I have developed material for tutoring centres as well as tutored students from top selective schools such as Sydney Boys and Normanhurst Boys.

Academic Achievements
ATAR: 99.95
Mathematics Extension 1: 100 (5th in NSW)
Mathematics Extension 2: 96 (Ranked 1st internally)
Mathematics Advanced: 100 (accelerated in yr 11, ranked 1st internally)
Physics: 97 (9th in NSW)
Chemistry: 97 (Ranked 2nd internally)
English: 93

Teaching Services
I am offering online tutoring for mathematics extension 1, 2, advanced, chemistry and physics for year 11 and 12 HSC via WhatsApp. I am accepting both private tutoring and small groups of up to 5 students. I can aid in arranging these small classes by placing the students in groups at a similar level or you can bring your peers.

Rates will depend on the year and the number of students so feel free to send me a DM or email me.

What I offer:

My tutoring lessons will be tailored according to the student's weaknesses such that they see improvements in their marks and develop greater confidence. I will also adapt according to the student's preference in pace and style.

Mathematics:
Although memorising and recognising patterns is a part of succeeding in HSC, it is only adequate for solving fundamental questions. Instead, a conceptual understanding of theory is also required to solve questions that deviate from the norm and allow students to connect questions in different ways. As a result, my students will set themselves apart from the average. I can provide this through in-depth theory explanations as well as challenging past paper questions.

Other tutors often undermine the effectiveness of heuristics that can be incorporated into study methods and exam techniques which are integral to succeeding in the HSC. How each of us prefers to study is different, but I can offer you methods for how I studied efficiently to maximise my marks within the time I had. Heuristics are extremely helpful in working through questions systematically to eliminate minor errors. Although I say minor errors, they do summate to significantly decrease your overall mark and many students I know can relate to the crushing feeling upon seeing your mark significantly below your expectations. Heuristics also allow students to swiftly work through questions as it will become 2nd nature to them with adequate exposure. Hence, under my tutelage, I can aid you in increasing your ranks significantly.

Sciences:
The chemistry syllabus and physics syllabus are shifting away from memorisation and instead emphasise conceptual understanding paired with a student's approach to questions. I train students to recognise fundamental questions and follow a scaffold that guarantees them full marks for such questions. I also emphasise the importance of planning first and attempting to predict the marking criteria while addressing any additional details to ensure full marks. This skill comes from a combination of what I teach and experience with the questions I provide.

Another key detail students often miss is the ability to communicate with clarity. This ability also involves planning out the question first and then formatting your answers such that they are logical and concise which is usually a mark for long answer questions. I will highlight the inclusion of graphs, headings and diagrams which all aid in coherently communicating your ideas.

I am fairly flexible with the schedule, as I understand how hectic the HSC can be, especially during exam periods. I am also available to answer any questions throughout the week you may have via WhatsApp. This is not limited to questions on the subject I teach but also on HSC in general!

I am here to help you succeed in your goals! Contact me today to schedule your first lesson or ask any questions!

Contacts:
DM on BOS or email me at brian.ren5245@gmail.com
Hi Brian, how do we know you have an ATAR of 99.95?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)