2 qeustions, Black body radiation and Superconductivity (1 Viewer)

Jouma47

HSC
Hi
Ive got 2 qeustions that i would like to see how other people would answer it

Questions are

1. Explain how an understanding of black body radiation changed the direction of scientific thinking in the early twentieth century (3 Marks)

2. Outline ONE advantage of using superconductors, with refernce to TWO applications (3 marks)

Sober

HSC
Jouma47 said:
1. Explain how an understanding of black body radiation changed the direction of scientific thinking in the early twentieth century (3 Marks)
I would assume you would get 1 mark for explaining the solution to the problem (i.e. quantum packets of light), perhaps another for discussing Einstein's contribution with the photoelectric effect and maybe another for saying how it triggered the theory of quantum mechanics and the structure of the atom.
But I don't know, that's just what I would talk about.

Jouma47 said:
2. Outline ONE advantage of using superconductors, with refernce to TWO applications (3 marks)
No electrical resistance making minimal energy loss due to heat (1 mark).
Talking about applications in power transmission (1 mark).
Talking about applications in transport such as maglev train (1 mark).

shimmerz_777

HSC
check the marking guidelines for that question, i saw it was on last years paper from memory it was explaining the problem, being that classical physics couldnt account for the graph. giving plancks solution of quantinisation and the ramifications of accepting a new quantum theory over classical physics

the superconductive bits correct

Addictd2

HSC
yea im pretty sure u say like planck was like it doesnt fit the graph unless the radiation was quantised or something like that. and that led to like einstein and then like spectrum and then quantum physics. and probably some explaination in between

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)