• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2 million Japanese WMD still in China (1 Viewer)

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Calculon said:
Yes I suppose that the government DOES know what a person wants better than the person themselves.
'person'? The job of the government is not to serve the interest of one person but rather the interests of the nation. The government provides stability thereby giving everyone the best chance to make money. Same as in Singapore or HK.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
'person'? The job of the government is not to serve the interest of one person but rather the interests of the nation. The government provides stability thereby giving everyone the best chance to make money. Same as in Singapore or HK.
No. The economies of Singapore and Hong Kong are both highly deregulated (the two most free economies in the world I believe) and work through the bottom up mechanism that is the market (ie the production of goods is determined by the consumer and not the manufacturer or government).

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Calculon said:
By turning to the free market and hence allowing self determination for its people, and forsaking the principles you champion.
How is that? I hold Singapore as a model example of a country which is rich and free market, yet true to its traditions of confucian standards of national interest trumpting individual interest (most benefit to the most people) which is necessary in a country with a large population like China.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Calculon said:
No. The economies of Singapore and Hong Kong are both highly deregulated (the two most free economies in the world I believe) and work through the bottom up mechanism that is the market (ie the production of goods is determined by the consumer and not the manufacturer or government).
Your point being? China is privatising its SOEs and encouraging foreign investment, sounds like the free market in action to me.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Calculon said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Index_of_economic_freedom

I really couldn't be fucked anymore, but look at the rankings of the three counties. Then look up economic liberalism and realise it means self interest.
Yes and China is heading towards that direction. It's isn't up near the top of the list yet, but that's where its gonna be in the future. WTF are you on about?

Almost everyone except 'comrade nathan' thinks capitalism is good.

Calculon

HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
Almost everyone except 'comrade nathan' thinks capitalism is good.
So long as we're agreed on that point. :)

lawforever

HSC
Calculon said:
So long as we're agreed on that point. :)

please reread the content of this thread. if you trying to prove that china shouldn't blame jap for the WMD just because china doesn't have a free economy, keep in mind that thse two things have no relation with each other at all

Calculon

HSC
N/A
I'm not trying to prove that at all. Where did you get that impression?

HSC
Has supercharged always been this psychotically pro-china or have i just never noticed it before?

Calculon

HSC
N/A
my sharona said:
Has supercharged always been this psychotically pro-china or have i just never noticed it before?
Yes he has.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
my sharona said:
MUHAHAHA depends entirely on the subject of the thread, not if its one of those ones started by that crazy 'Kangaroo' freak.

S

SGB_J

Calculon said:
Yes I suppose that the government DOES know what a person wants better than the person themselves.
Do u really think democracy works and applies to every country?

Calculon

HSC
N/A
SGB_J said:
I believe that the concept of freedom is universal.

S

SGB_J

Calculon said:
un huh its good to see ur so politically right, but do u really think that a democracy could really solve all of chinas problems?

Last edited by a moderator:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
SGB_J said:
I guess it depends what the political status of a country was before democracy was applied?

Did that make sense?

China is a funny one.
A bit like me, and i'm Chinese tooo.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Calculon said:
Freedom looks pretty on paper.
Then it gets scrunched up and thrown out the window..

SGB05

HSC
N/A
SGB_J said:
Dude i have no idea who u r bu u go to my school. Stop payin out the public school kids. itss peopel liek you whos givin our school a bad name.
Oh yea i agree with what u said there

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Calculon said:
How very naive and out of touch with reality. Why not ask wahhabi islamists what their ideal society would look like? :rolleyes:

Lee Kuan Yew puts it nicely:
SPIEGEL: During your career, you have kept your distance from Western style democracy. Are you still convinced that an authoritarian system is the future for Asia?

Mr. Lee: Why should I be against democracy? The British came here, never gave me democracy, except when they were about to leave. But I cannot run my system based on their rules. I have to amend it to fit my people's position. In multiracial societies, you don't vote in accordance with your economic interests and social interests, you vote in accordance with race and religion. Supposing I'd run their system here, Malays would vote for Muslims, Indians would vote for Indians, Chinese would vote for Chinese. I would have a constant clash in my Parliament which cannot be resolved because the Chinese majority would always overrule them. So I found a formula that changes that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)