2 jobs? (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
do employers get pissed off if you have 2 jobs? because then you cant work for them when they want you

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i used to work at 2 different places, fri/sat nights at a restaurant and thurs-sun at my current job. and i also had to go to uni mon-wed. i gave that up after a semester though, it's fucked having 2 jobs and uni cos i rarely had a social life

and yes, they do get annoyed iambored

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
what if you got to work at different outlets for the same company do they get pissed off then too?

Seabiscuit

HSC
I want two jobs. I think it would be more fun that way because you get to meet new people and do different tasks. So it's not the same boring thing day after day.
I got a job yesterday and i wrote down my availability and said iw as available basically for the majority of every day. And now i have 2 more job interviews, and if they offer me the job i don't know what to do. :S Because iw ant two jobs but i told the first people i'm always available. :(

Collin

HSC
N/A
I do. And if I get this Coles Myer job aswell as the Hoyts cinema one, I'll have 4. Not the best combination when I'm a full-time uni student eh?

Collin

HSC
N/A
I don't know mate.. but enough to make it painful.

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
iambored said:
do employers get pissed off if you have 2 jobs? because then you cant work for them when they want you
i had a job in gloria jeans, and another cafe which was 2 streets away. GJ's got pissed off, and said either work here or there. i chose GJ's . lol

JimBob

HSC
N/A
I work at Bunnings, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday for 9 hours a day, and I work as a Pizza Hut Delivery Driver Monday and Wednesday nights for 3 hours each, and every now and then, a Rock Climbing Gym calls me up for casual work on Saturdays to help look after kids parties..

My bosses don't seem to have much of a problem with any of the other jobs, cause I still do my job for them well. It's good :D
So technically I have 3 jobs, but its lots of money, and I still have a decently active social life..

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
I have a few different jobs/contracts and depending on employer I have to sign a guaranteed availability and non compete disclosure on entry so that they have first dibs on me before anyone else if something goes wrong and they need me there. It gets kind of stupid sometimes cos I should have to fill out a form with justification just to give computer advice.

superbird

HSC
i do 2 jobs. not that bad. i dont think u get taxed 50% on the second job tho as it didn't show up when i did my tax return this year.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
i'll have a job soon as soon as the store opens.

hey how do you get a hoyts job? are there lots of late night shifts?

at what amount (income) do you get taxed?

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
I'm working at BiLo and KFC both casual.
Only the manager at KFC used to be a friend of mine until too many non-work related problems between co-workers came into work and so now the boss hates me and likes to screw around with me on the rosters. There's not much I can do about it, I've had a union rep in, we've had meetings with my co-workers and the boss, but nothing will fix this.
Just when I thought I was completely screwed, BiLo manager offered me a full time contract yesterday because of "the 4 different recommendations" he received.

Also, tax: it's something like "under $6 000 a year" when you can claim to have an exemption from tax which is around $115 a week.

elisabeth

HSC
I work at a pharmacy Mon-Wed and at Best & Less on random shifts Thurs-Sat. B&L know about the pharmacy and are fine with it, and if they ask about it at the pharmacy, I won't lie. Besides, if I had to choose one, the pharmacy would win, hands down.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
my sister used to work for Go-Lo and Woolies at the same time.. Go-Lo got really pissed off when they found out about Woolies and started to be really discriminative towards her.. making her do shit thats not even her job.. like cleaning the toilets n stuff.

she chose woolies in the end

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)