1st years: Foundations (1 Viewer)

jang

is not my real name
HSC
r we gonna be doing absolutely nothing this year?

wat kind of assessments should we expect if there arent ne written ones + i have no idea wat the portfolio thing is about... :S

7minute

HSC
We'll find out about all of this in due course. Yeah, it is boring at the moment (how many more times are we gonna have to listen about the structure of the course??!!) but I'm sure it'll pick up soon (please...) Clinical should be interesting, though.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
jang said:
r we gonna be doing absolutely nothing this year?

wat kind of assessments should we expect if there arent ne written ones + i have no idea wat the portfolio thing is about... :S
to ur first question: no. i'm sure making up group rules counts as something? hehe...... but you will be doing a bit of work. i've heard u guys have a much more hectic foundations than us... apparently u are doing in 4 weeks what we did in 8. haha..

to ur second question: each course, you'll be required to do:
1 individual assignment
1 group project
1 written exam (this may have a practical/computer-based component)
So i dont know where this 'no-written-assessments' business comes in... but yeh, the assessments don't coutn in foundations. The idea behind foundations is to give u a trial run, to see how you work the joint here.

oh and dont worry bout portfolio. you'll be hand-held through it. it's basically a big exam at the beginning of year 3 used to check you've covered each of the 8 grad caps so you can pass on to phase 2.

7minute

HSC
sounds interesting... at least the lectures have some content though... although friday afternoon's group presentation one was a bit dodgy...

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
whoops sorry.
hey i've heard stuff from the faculty like.. they screwed us over, so they're thinking of changing the assessment criteria for foundations? like.. u actually have to do ur exam?
the point is, everything we've told u till now is rubbish. we have no idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)