1st year maths subjects easiness (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hey,

I am in my first year doing a single commerce degree. I am hoping to transfer to law next year, and thus need to get the highest wam possible. 4u Maths was probably one of my favourite subjects in hsc and I did reasonably well (95). Do you think it would be a good idea to take 1st year maths subjects next semester to increase my Wam (6 units worth)? What are the easiest maths subjects and what is their difficulty and the average level of marks in these subjects?

Any help would be appreciated.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
While I'd definitely recommend mathematics if you like it and are good at it, there are quite a few WAM booster subjects that I think would be a hell of a lot easier.

Have you considered any WRIT subjects? PHIL1012? For your degree in particular I hear MKTG1001 and INFS1000 are pretty easy as well.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
If you like, you can do the normal level of the 1st Year Mathematics units.

The easiest two are differential calculus and integral calculus.

Also, good work with 4 unit!

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Most students would be getting a credit, they distribute the marks normally.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
In regular, most people get pass/credit (probably more passes) - quite few get distinction or above. I remember to get distinction, you had to pretty much be able to do the whole paper and get full marks (or close to) in all quizzes - I remember doing that and got 77.

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
How 'easy' is MATH1004? Would that or MATH1013 be easier? Taking into account person having done 3 unit maths in school and done alright

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
How 'easy' is MATH1004? Would that or MATH1013 be easier? Taking into account person having done 3 unit maths in school and done alright
From what I've heard, MATH1004 is easy and considering that MATH1013 is fundamentals, it shouldn't be very hard.

pHyRe

HSC
In regular, most people get pass/credit (probably more passes) - quite few get distinction or above. I remember to get distinction, you had to pretty much be able to do the whole paper and get full marks (or close to) in all quizzes - I remember doing that and got 77.
whattt?? that doesnt sound right. so you have to get 90-95% overall, and then that would scale down to 77....

glittergal96

HSC
whattt?? that doesnt sound right. so you have to get 90-95% overall, and then that would scale down to 77....
Yeah, 77 means you have to have dropped a lot of marks in the exam. (Going by the marks of myself and people I knew.)

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Heh, yeah. You lose more marks than you expect to in the final exam. A lot of people go into the final exam with 95% and then end up with a Distinction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)