1st year B.Com (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
no! unsw is gay. and really asian. and boring. and shit.

(no offence to unswers, i do realise the uni's very similar in all aspects to usyd. although the usyd social life is considered of a higher caliber, which is what sold me)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
but unsw has more. and mostly the boring type. not the sexy time explosion type like you.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
1Time4thePpl said:
but unsw has more. and mostly the boring type. not the sexy time explosion type like you.
that's the worst generalisation ever!
the people I know at uni are very outgoing etc etc
you haven't attended UNSW to know anyway dude

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh ive swung that way to meet some friends more than a few times. i know it's a generalisation but it's based on the fact that there's a lot of asians at unsw. i'd rather more of a mix. it also seemed whilst i was at unsw that most asians keep to themselves (they were all sitting in asian-only circles)

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Maybe you are thinking of the hordes of Mainland Chinese international students who are averse to speaking English. Not everyone is like that at UNSW.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
NonExistant said:
Wow I didn't realise there was such a difference between Business and Commerce, commerce is so maths related.

Here at UTS we do (compulsary 1st year/pre-req subs):

Accounting for Business
Economics for Business
Marketing Foundations
Manageing People and Organisations
Business Law and Ethics
Business Information Systems (statistics)
Well actually, if you end up doing Accounting Transactions and Business Decisions and Fundamentals of Business Finance (and thence an Accounting or Finance major), then it works out to be almost the same. You do the financial maths in the finance subject and the Accounting 1B stuff in the 2nd accounting subject. You cover the information systems stuff in BIA. I guess the only thing missing is the maths stuff in QMA. Also, we cover micro and macro in the same subject (which is a good thing coz I personally don't like eco :p).

Back to UNSW now :p

sarevok

HSC
I'm also thinking of a transfer to UNSW Bcomm :)
If it is compulsory to do Quantitative Methods B, can you do it in second year? I can take ecmt1020 - the usyd equivalent - but I'd much rather take a unit in marketing this semester. thanks.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
sarevok said:
I'm also thinking of a transfer to UNSW Bcomm :)
If it is compulsory to do Quantitative Methods B, can you do it in second year? I can take ecmt1020 - the usyd equivalent - but I'd much rather take a unit in marketing this semester. thanks.
Yes you can do QMB in 2nd year, so long as you don;t need it for any prerequisite subjects in the same semester you're doing it in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)