1st in state English Extension 2, 2009 - Offering English Tutoring/Feedback (1 Viewer)

Asubmarine

HSC
Hi all,
I am currently a student at Sydney University completing a BA (Adv)(Hons) in English Literature and I am currently looking to offer English tuition services to next year's crop of HSC students.

Like the title says I was ranked first in the state for Ext 2 English in 2009. I also received band 6's in Extension 1 and Advanced English. I have tutored a number of students this year and am looking to expand my student base for 2011.

I am quite flexible with time and location, but obviously nothing too far from Sydney would be best.

As for what I can help out with- the following are what I intend to offer for each strain of English respectively:
  • Advanced - Essay preparation, creative writing workshopping, short response strategy, methods for approaching different questions. - My approach to Advanced English tuition is dependent upon who you are. I look largely at improving your essay/response writing and conceptualisation skills as opposed to just revising what is covered in class. If you need extra coverage of particular texts then send me a PM and I will let you know how familiar I am with them.
  • Extension 1 - I am really only prepared to offer tuition to students doing the "After the Bomb" Module for Extension 1 as it's the module I completed in 2009 and the Extension 1 course content is quite specific to the area you are studying. The services I offer for extension 1 are really the same as what I do for Advanced, except obviously tailored to the "After the Bomb" study module.
  • Extension 2 - For extension 2 I'm prepared to offer some quite flexible assistance. Whether you want to meet up and let me help you plan everything out or if you'd rather just have some regular feedback i'm more than happy to do both. I can help students access research materials quite readily due to the perks of being a university student. And I can also point you in the right direction and help you organise an effective course of reading and writing.
Price is dependent upon your location and how difficult it is for me to get there. But generally i'm looking at charging about $25-30 an hour for face to face time. I am also prepared to review students' work and provide feedback over the net. If you have an essay/story you'd like to email me then i'm prepared to review and make editing suggestions for your work online for $20 per hour of review time (nb how long it takes depends entirely upon how detailed a review you'd like).

If you're interested or would like any more information then PM me or feel free to email me at laurie_wallis@yahoo.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)