1j for the volvo? (1 Viewer)

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
There are virtually no adjustments required and minimal fabrication. The Nissan engines would involve extensive fabrication of custom parts and brackets, and so forth.

On a side note, the 2 series brakes are better. The 244 and 264 both use two piston front calipers, which are excellent - however the 740s and 940s and 850s, etc use only single piston calipers, albeit with slightly larger discs. The stopping power is better on earlier Volvos. If you're sticking to old stock Volvo units, the 2 series might be the better bet.
Balancing of things like connecting rods and pistons is relatively cheap - but the flywheel and crank have to be put on a rotating assembly, which raises the price a bit (labour associated costs). I think the total price for a driveshaft elongation and balancing runs around 250 (going by US prices).

Fuel pump - get it cheap (used) from a Porsche 928 or a Mercedes (W126) 380/500. They both have large V8s, and the fuel pump should be adequately priced.

And I'm sure you can snag yourself some injectors from a large Aussie V8. 4 injectors from a used 5.7 should be fine (after cleaning and spray check). Or you could just go buy another set of 4 Volvo injectors, and drill and tap them a little further back in the inlet manifold. Same effect, 8 injectors - I'm just not sure if MS can handle them separately (staged), or if they have to work in parallel.

As to the rail, well it's just a tube. The upgrade would be to make it out of a heavy guage steel, and then accomodate the injectors and fuel lines. I think a custom job (where someone does everything for you) is around $100-$150.

Last edited:

Raj2004

HSC
how bout 240 with a big block V8......that would make a nice street machine.

Don't want to steal your thread but, by the way, my 740 is for sale. Check it out. I used to have a 740 Turbo. I had a BIG BIG plans for that car, until someone smashed into the back of me at a red light.

The 240 will be quicker and handle better than the 740 in my opinion. Have had two 240s and two 740s.

Also, I've seen a fair few 242GTs with B230T turbo conversions. Might want to check them out.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Big-block V8s do not do any wonders for handling.

Anyways, B234FT is where it's at.

Raj2004

HSC
petar13 said:
Big-block V8s do not do any wonders for handling.

Anyways, B234FT is where it's at.
True, but then again, it's a 240.

I'm talking cruiser, straight line drag, etc. Black, wide chrome US imported hot rod wheels.

For the turbo setup, what's the BA XR6T turbo motor like? I heard they have massive GT40 Turbos and only a few mods can put u under 11s?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)