• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

$1bn 'not sorry enough' - Aboriginal leaders (2 Viewers)

tysonp

HSC
exactly the response I expected. funny that - I mean yes i dont actually look aboriginal at all considering it makes up approximately 1/8 of my racial background nor do I live in Redfern - nor am I poor or any of these 'typical things' so yes i admit i dont ever have to deal with any of your bullshit but at the sametime it just seems so funny that anyone (well I mean i guess your UAI tomorow will show me that, im guessing 70 max) could be so ridiculous dim-witted so as not to see that this story is not simply 'black and white' and entails a number of different complexities that we are not aware of but if you are willing to accept it as Aboriginies = FUCKED and white australia = good - then be my guest eh, there is not much anyone can do nor would want to do to help you stray from that.

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Now im not trying to attempt to convince you based on the grounds of three people to any significant point but the fact that your darwinian stance concerning Aboriginies and the ability for them to break even with white-australia in terms of living standard is indeed incorrect as simply it is just that the means applied by both so-called Aboriginal leaders , who DO want money which will be spent on meaningless quick fixes, and the Howard-led intervention were both fundamentally incorrect as they both will not have far reaching implications - what I'm saying although not in as much of an erudite fashion as i'd like is that yes you are correct MONEY IS NOT THE TOTAL ANSWER but neither is the 'they are worthless' point of veiw - there exists a cycle of poverty up there in those communities that spans the generations since those who were stolen and while that does not effect me today - it does kick in when 1 child is born into alcoholism because his father is an alcoholic because his father was - we need money spent on practical solutions to these problems and the compulsion of higher aspirations for Aboriginal people than just of that to say give up drinking/stop sniffing petrol.
That's quite possibly the longest sentence ever :D

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
tysonp said:
exactly the response I expected. funny that - I mean yes i dont actually look aboriginal at all considering it makes up approximately 1/8 of my racial background nor do I live in Redfern - nor am I poor or any of these 'typical things'
i have achieved good enough HSC marks to get myself into university provides me with equal content that i indeed reached a level that is considered so far-flung for such a naive native as myself
Think those 2 are related somehow? :D

tysonp

HSC
No but the point is - these people are mentally capable they are not products of darwinian theory and not including myself - there are many others such as my grandfather Charles Perkins who have succeeded coming out of the very background which we are ridiculing.

And doing 4 unit english and all - trust I know to write paragraphs - but at the moment its all stream of conciousness.

G

Gavvvvvin

tysonp said:
i have achieved good enough HSC marks to get myself into university provides me with equal content that i indeed reached a level that is considered so far-flung for such a naive native as myself
Good marks or not, you still would have got in because your an abo. With the amount of time you'll probably spend at the uni bar, they should award you an additional honorary Bachelor of Alcoholism.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
So what do you suggest to fix the problem of your petrol-sniffing brethren? I would suggest taking the children away and re-educating them in a more Western and cleaner environment and encourage them to have positive relationships with white Australians and.... wait... we already tried that and you've been bitching about it ever since.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Man, she's also hot, ask her for her photo sometime.

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Stevo. said:
So what do you suggest to fix the problem of your petrol-sniffing brethren? I would suggest taking the children away and re-educating them in a more Western and cleaner environment and encourage them to have positive relationships with white Australians and.... wait... we already tried that and you've been bitching about it ever since.
Even though the only reason he "got into uni" or whatever is coz he doesn't live in abo society :D

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
Stevo. said:
now that's just wrong. you're saying the 'stolen generation' was a positive thing on the aboriginal community? that's more extreme than our johnny boy when he was in control.

i thought this thread wasn't about the rights and wrongs of the stolen generation, nor is it a chance to take a cheap shot at our native people; but to discuss the validity of the 'more money' movement. those of you who think you are more superior than the aborigines are clearly incapable of sticking to the subject.

NovaAesa

HSC
In some ways the aboriginals should be thanking us for invading their country. If it wasn't Europeans, it would have been some other country that was technologically more advanced than the aboriginals of 1770 (which there was a lot of). If it was the Chinese or Koreans who took over Australia, things would have been much worse than just having the children taken away.

EDIT: I'm not trying to justify what white Europeans have done, I'm just pointing out that there are many many scenarios where the situation for aboriginals could have been much worse.

Last edited:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
how the fk would you know things would have been much worse if the chinese or koreans or some other country had taken over? god, you are naive.

what is there to thank for? the invasion? the outright removal of their tradition way of life? maybe if some other country had settled here first, the aborigines would have kept their way of life.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
their traditional way of life is ass backwards and they had a life expectancy of like 30

they need to farken drop it and realise the only way forward is to live like civilised people :D

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Sympathy can only go so far before it turns into resentment. It's like trying to talk an emo kid out of suicide, eventually you just get sick of their bullshit and hope they do kill themselves for the betterment of civilisation. Or have them cry for medication until they finally get it and have them drip fed into sedation just so you don't have to hear their bitching anymore. Petrol and grog is their medication, they're just complaining about not being about to afford it everyday, all day, from their government handouts. That's why $1 billion won't be enough. That's why $1 billion will never be enough.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
We can't take the kids away because they get all pissed off and want compensation, but we can't leave them either because then they get abused and raped and shit... good case for genocide I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)