1984 & Frontline (1 Viewer)

Naylyn

HSC
I recently finished reading 1984 and I enjoyed it so much im considering using it as a related text for Frontline.

Ideas?
Suggestions?

benisrapid

HSC
possibly think of mabe using it with your "bladerunner/brave new world" essay, possibly using it to mabe reinforce the setting and governental control motif....

Naylyn

HSC
Tulipa said:
but it's always better to do a text that isn't in the same module even if it is another elective.
Why is that?

Tulipa said:
there are so many easy frontline related texts to do. perhaps ask your teacher?
I do have some other possible texts; Guernica, Mediawatch, The Chasers War On Everything and Jonathon Swift.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Naylyn said:
Why is that?

I do have some other possible texts; Guernica, Mediawatch, The Chasers War On Everything and Jonathon Swift.
there's more information on the text available and its possibly that the text was taught at your school to another class.

some markers can see it as a bit of a cop out.

i personally found that in my frontline assessments, searching around for an original related text rewarded my marks more.

*miranda*

HSC
I'm doing The Crucible, Hurricane (Bob Dylan Song) thinking of doing Gurnica if i cant find a feature article i really like - for the assessment at our school we had to have three texts chosen one being audio....but i'm going to continue looking for other texts for the actual HSC...its good to have some variety or a new text to dip into at the trials - so you don't get bored and stuff.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Still though it may not be a good idea to use a text that's also on BoS Syllabus (be it standard or Advanced English) ;)

I'm not sure if this is in 2006/2007 HSC Syllabus, but wasn't a point stating that A student should explore, etc etc and understand the Journey or module themselves? = Maintain originality + creativity.

Try looking for texts you know, sometimes you don't even have to necessarily find a movie or book, use something that you're already familar with (You'll be amazed by what techniques + linkage you can find in a text that you like watching/reading).

One which I'm sure everyone has watched, and yet no one (well no one in my school year) was Princess Diaries, it's a killer for AOS assessments/speeches.

=p Ask what LottoX used, I'm sure it wasn't one that's common.

Btw, if you're still not sure which texts to use in Area of Study & possibly modules, I would highly recommend you to buy Board of Studies' Past Exam Paper for English (Area of study) & English (Standard or adv depending on what ur doing)

Last edited:

*miranda*

HSC
well anyway, i did those texts mentioned abvove and a feature article for an assessment about our related material and got 95 so i was pretty happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)