18th bday party (1 Viewer)

HSC
ok im having an 18th bday soon and well my mum was gonna allow alcohol but now shes thinking bout not cause shes heard off people that if police get called she will get finned for suplying minors with alcohol...........
i think this suks is there anyway i can reconvonce her that alcohol will be fine as long as were all sensible :p
and just curious has there ever been anyone out there who had an alchol free 18th if so how did it go??

beentherdunthat

HSC
lol. My 18th was on my 4unit hsc. what a fucking party that was:(

reedy01

Premium Member
HSC
i have the same prob, my 18th in just weeks and yet my parents will not let me have alcohol.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Have your 18th at a licenced venue. Solved.

HSC
reedy01 said:
i have the same prob, my 18th in just weeks and yet my parents will not let me have alcohol.
ooo well happy 18th...hope it all works out for u in the end
and im just curious but wat are u gonna do??
like are u just not gonna worry bout it and have a alcohol free party or wat?

i was thinking about lettin all my underage friends just paying me the money and i just go buy it for em and everyone eles just brings thier own... cause once its bought and the party has started.... surte the rents could stop it though i dont think they will if theres a hired jukebox/karioke machine and tons of food mwhahaha as long as i then tell my rents that well all be sensibe and that no one will get pissed of thier faces... well not much anyways :p

bvl

HSC
Graney said:
Have your 18th at a licenced venue. Solved.
no it doesnt. not allowed to serve underage. you may not think its that big a deal, but any cop shows up finds underage drinkking-like 10k fine for liscenee, loss of liscene, all bar staff lose booze liscene and can be individually fined like 3k. liscened venue only if only 18s only.

as for your parents-if you can organise for them to be away-no responibility. and chances are someone will turn up with booze anyway, so a good arguement to use is if they supply, they know roughly how much there will be, so less likely to be people passing out. if you have a dry party people bring their own, and bring HEAPS.

ubernuton

HSC
ok here what do
your mum has to be the only one alowered to ancser the door.
if the cops do come she anscer the door. gets people to turn down the music.
if they try and enter she asks them for a warrent.
they don't have one and it will take them 24 hours to get one in most cases they wont be bothered.
if shes worried about people geting alcohol posioning as long as u ask for the ambos the cops don't even get involued.

if this works can i come

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
bvl said:
no it doesnt. not allowed to serve underage. you may not think its that big a deal, but any cop shows up finds underage drinkking-like 10k fine for liscenee, loss of liscene, all bar staff lose booze liscene and can be individually fined like 3k. liscened venue only if only 18s only.
You idiot.

That's the point.
By hosting at a licenced venue, the bar staff will check id, and only serve people of age. There are security there to stop underage attendee's from drinking.

Mum will love it, as she can be sure it will be safe and regulated, you can still get pissed with your 18+ mates, while the 17 year olds sip cordial. Plus, no cleaning up.

Do you really think they'd be retarded enough to forget their RSA obligations/to check id at an 18th birthday?

This is the correct idea

Last edited:

reedy01

Premium Member
HSC
.:AmBeR.SmItH:. said:
ooo well happy 18th...hope it all works out for u in the end
and im just curious but wat are u gonna do??
like are u just not gonna worry bout it and have a alcohol free party or wat?
one of my friends said he would host it but he lives in the middle of no-where. i might just have a big 21st instead, that or do nothing:( . maybe just a barbie with some friends. i dunno, there is nothing else one can do when no grog is allowed at the party

HSC
reedy01 said:
might just have a big 21st instead, that or do nothing:( . maybe just a barbie with some friends. i dunno, there is nothing else one can do when no grog is allowed at the party
that is soo true.... ive also had thoughts of doing nothing or just a small barbique as really an 18th with no grog is boring and lame (sorry to anyone who does have em and likes em)
though my mum was talking to me the other day and feels bad for me right... so suggested she hires a jumping catsle for me instead like wtf??!!!?? haha i just laughed in her face and was like arr yer how bout i do nothing instead haha

ippie

HSC
hahha you people turning 18 are 2008-ers

i'm still 17 :|

No booze for your 18th isn't that big of a deal. Just go crazy the next day behind your parents' backs.

ecd90

HSC
Make it BYO then technically your rents aren't supplying it

Conspiración

HSC
N/A
ecd90 said:
Make it BYO then technically your rents aren't supplying it
Hosts still have liability/duty of care/bullshit.

Conspiracy? said:
tell her you can't spell for fuck, and she should take pity on you.

p.s - tell me when and where this party is happening and i'll drop around, and bring my friends.
*thumbs up* +10!

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Dude once the cops come thats when it ends get your mum to kick everyone out. then the cops will be like yeah thats alright. Also say it was just a small little gathering and it got gatecrashed. My 16th a couple years back was swelll.

HSC
.:AmBeR.SmItH:. said:
that is soo true.... ive also had thoughts of doing nothing or just a small barbique as really an 18th with no grog is boring and lame (sorry to anyone who does have em and likes em)
though my mum was talking to me the other day and feels bad for me right... so suggested she hires a jumping catsle for me instead like wtf??!!!?? haha i just laughed in her face and was like arr yer how bout i do nothing instead haha
Hey, don't underestimate the power of a jumping castle.

Conspiración

HSC
N/A
Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
Hey, don't underestimate the power of a jumping castle.
Grown men love jumping castles. It's a fact.
Seriously, there's nothing wrong with a jumping castle. While she's at it, get a rollercoaster. I'm sure there won't be any objections. But... Depending on where you live, you could just go to an amusement park?
But the best idea is just a licenced place.

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
easy, get ALL your friends fake id's

then go to a pub/club

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)