> 144 uoc and gends in summer school (1 Viewer)

movie hunter

HSC
N/A
Hi, the minimum graduation uocs are 144 for Bcom, if someone gets 150 , will he or she be able to graduate?? i heard that one could not graduate if one takes excess free options ( elective ) , is that true ??

if i want to take general education modules in summer ?? how many could i take for each teaching period??

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
that sounds like bollocks. If you complete the minimum UOC and satisfy the conditions of your program then you are free to graduate, unless theres some hidden catch that I don't know of.

I have no idea what a gen ed requires but my guess is 2 per summer is good.

LordPc

HSC
it doesnt make sense for someone to do extra work and not be able to graduate

ive got a question, does taking a language course during january count as a gen ed?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
not usually, but check with your school to make sure.

movie hunter

HSC
N/A
but i heard that taking too many electives couldnt graduate ...dont know whether it is true

BeeCom

HSC
Pretty sure you have to pay for any subjects you don't need to do. I think they're called 'non-award'

E.g. if you graduate with a Commerce degree, majoring in Accounting and Finance and then decide a year or 2 later you want to do honours in Finance, you have to do Research Methods - which you have to pay for (no CSP).

dvse

HSC
N/A
One way to do more courses on HECS is to change your major half-way.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
One way to do more courses on HECS is to change your major half-way.
Why would you want to purposely do that? Waste of time & money honestly. Remember you'll be paying that money back in the future.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Why would you want to purposely do that? Waste of time & money honestly. Remember you'll be paying that money back in the future.
General Interest Subjects, i would do it :)

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
but i heard that taking too many electives couldnt graduate ...dont know whether it is true
Every program allows a certain amount of electives outside of your selected major(s)... So yes if you do too much random electives that can't be put under a major or minor of your degree.... I'd imagine you wouldn't be able to satisfy your degree requirements and cannot graduate until you have?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
It won't prevent you from graduating. But until you fulfil your requirements (on the side of the 'extra' electives) you won't be able to graduate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)