• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

1000 dollars bonus for youth allownace. (1 Viewer)

conics2008

HSC
has anyone heard of this... because i've heard of it and i heard that centerlink is gonna play a grand for all youth allowance people.. i dont know why but i heard it gonna be paid in december.. any one know about htis ??

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
This is for families under Family Tax Benefit A, not youth allowance recipients.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Well it is for youth allowance recipients too, but only for those families who have dependent children receiving it.

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
I dunno. I think all people getting Youth Allowance get it. This extract makes it sound like you don't need 2b on a family tax benefit

From http://www.gpsnetwork.com.au/Rudd-unveils-stimulus-plan.asp

In its wider support package for families, the Government said about 3.9 million Australian children will receive a $1,000 one-off benefit, also commencing on December 8.

Families who receive Family Tax Benefit (A), families with children who receive the Youth Allowance, Abstudy or a benefit from the Veteran Children's Education scheme will be eligible.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
From the Centrelink website:

To receive the one-off payment, you must have been entitled to Family Tax Benefit Part A on 14 October 2008. The payment will also be made for each dependent child who on 14 October 2008 were entitled to receive Youth Allowance, ABSTUDY, a Veterans' Children Education Scheme payment or a Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act payment.

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/internet/internet.nsf/individuals/bonus_payments.htm#families

riddimz

HSC
what if im on the "living away from home" rate :(

... im not independent or dependent on parents? wth, wat catergory am i...

do i get it :'(

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
riddimz said:

I'd just give Centrelink a call. They would be able to help more.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
riddimz said:

Dependence doesn't have anything to do with the rate of pay, just how one qualifies. So while I get the living away from home rate, I'm still dependent because I haven't declared independence (but my parents earn below the threshold). It's also possible to get the at home rate but be independent, for example if you've worked and earned the ~$18k, or gotten married.

Jacinta Coen

HSC
oh, this is wonderful . . . .

anyone visiting this thread a ward of the state?

well, i am, and for the record, i was put on centerlink and declared independant at fourteen. . . yep, yep, thats just wonderful for the emotionally damaged girl who managed despite numerous stresses to get good marks and go off to uni, and struggles to pay rent, bills, and eat well . . . just brilliant . .. don't know how people in the city cope, their rent is so much higher than here, and it's harder to find healthy food . . .

sorry, loaded subject for me, and while i find the bonuses they're handing out admirable, think about the ones who had no choice but be declared independant at fourteen because of what their biological parents did to them . . .

*is jealous of friend who has three children*

so, along with emotional problems, psychological problems, and trying to pass uni with all of my flashbacks . .. i have to go get a job. wonderful.

if you object to anything in my above rant, please keep in mind that it is a rant, due to the fact that, yet again, red tape is covering up my chance for less stress . . . i have to think positive . . . . at least i like the colour red . . . :angry::bat:

and now i have to get back to:read:so i might pass next semester . . .

conics2008

HSC
hahahah im quitin my job... i just called my employer at citi bank and told him to lick my balls =]

so how long woul that 100k last me guys ??

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
conics2008 said:
hahahah im quitin my job... i just called my employer at citi bank and told him to lick my balls =]

so how long woul that 100k last me guys ??
I'm sure you did tough guy.

It's only $1000, so probably not that long.

conics2008

HSC
blue_chameleon said:
I'm sure you did tough guy.

It's only $1000, so probably not that long.
lol im just jokin around.. relax :monkey: im COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
dear lindsay tanner,

i'm not part of any of the benefit schemes but if you sent me lots of money i'd spend it stupidly just like you want us to =]

yours patriotically,
b. gibson

reckon it's worth a shot?

kg3000

HSC
hey im in a low income family (single parent, dad gets some assistance from government etc etc) im on youth allowance, and he gets the money (fair enougth he pays for most things right) however the 1000 dollar bonus... it isnt really a payment, its a BONUS. im 18... so im an adult by law. Am i the only one that thinks i should get the bonus for myself?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
kg3000 said:
hey im in a low income family (single parent, dad gets some assistance from government etc etc) im on youth allowance, and he gets the money (fair enougth he pays for most things right) however the 1000 dollar bonus... it isnt really a payment, its a BONUS. im 18... so im an adult by law. Am i the only one that thinks i should get the bonus for myself?
If you're 18 you have the power to decide where your Youth Allowance payments go. The bonus was paid into the same bank account as YA. So you could have had it paid into your account... but the only way to get it now is to ask your father very nicely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)