100 UAI with any subjects combination? (1 Viewer)

IceBreaker

HSC
i've seen somewhere, where someone claim that any subjects combnation can lead to 100 UAI.

so for example a student does these subjects for the HSC
-Standard english
-Gen maths
-Information technology
-PDHPE
-IPT
-Business studies

is it still possible to achieve a 100 UAI?

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
depends on the student... if he/she farks up in class... then obviously they wont... jus gotta b top in your school.... well u have to make sure that u are top in ur school othrwise the perosn who beats u has a betr chance of gettin the 100!
time management.. dont necessarily have to study all day everyday... othr wise that'll suck hard...i;d rather settle something in the 90+ range and still have lived my teenage yrs of shiftyness with girls, going out, seeing and doin whatever u like! hahaha

yeh its possible though

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
yeah it is possible like everyone said

you would have to get like band sixes in every assessment, which i wouldnt mind...saves me from ripping my assessments and then setting them alight, then peeing on the flames
-__-"

jonathan man who graduated from my school last year got 100UAI...a close family friend too...he did 4u Math, ext music, ext latin, chem and 4u english...really bright and clever person and hes 16 years of age!

OWNED!

IceBreaker

HSC
thats cool want2besmart,whats he doing now? anyways i thinks if you dont have any life in yr12 but got 100 it will pay off, you will own shitloads of money and be retiring by 45

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
yeh i think the people who dont do extension subjects havent got the chance to get 100 or something close to it... i aint doin any extensions and jus read that thread on uai marks in relation to SAM.... and was bloody suprised and shocked to see nearly every single person doing an extension subject!!!!! if not one extension subject their doin 2 or 3!! so really the question is can u get a uai of 100 without doing any extension... and if so... how do YOU think that person can get it? honestly though

thankz

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
IceBreaker said:
thats cool want2besmart,whats he doing now? anyways i thinks if you dont have any life in yr12 but got 100 it will pay off, you will own shitloads of money and be retiring by 45
Look, a good UAI doesn't necessarily guarantee ultimate success :p you could get 100, and then you could have a complete mental breakdown upon leaving school, being unable to cope with the lack of structure...I heard of a girl who got 99.95, went into medicine, had everything going for her, and then the next year she committed suicide.

Similarly, there are many people who do really badly in high school, only to move onto much bigger things afterwards.

Having said that, I have nothing against people who get high UAIs, seriously!

IceBreaker

HSC
yes i know harvey norman and L.J hooker didnt went to uni and they own shit loads now.

Captain pi

HSC
IceBreaker said:
i've seen somewhere, where someone claim that any subjects combnation can lead to 100 UAI.

so for example a student does these subjects for the HSC
-Standard english
-Gen maths
-Information technology
-PDHPE
-IPT
-Business studies

is it still possible to achieve a 100 UAI?
Maximum UAI for a student entered in

Standard English : 99.95
General Mathematics 99.95
Information Technology: 99.15
PDHPE: 99.95
IPT: 100.00
Business Studies: 100.00

However, that pattern of study, in 2004, could have 'only' received scaled marks of:

Standard English : 93.0
General Mathematics: 89.2
Information Technology: 85.2
PDHPE: 95.2
IPT: 95.2
Business Studies: 97.8

Which gives an aggregate of 470.4 which was a UAI of 99.90.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
It is always possible to get 100 scaled in Standard English, so the max aggregate would've been 477.4 = 99.95 UAI (I think).

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I would be inclined to agree with Estel.

Topping the combined Standard/Advanced candidature would result in a scaled mark of 100.

Captain pi

HSC
Of course; those marks were merely indicative of courses last year.

The capping for other courses may be different also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)