10 or 12 units? (1 Viewer)

brad:spleen

hey im struggling to decide on whether to continue one with earth and env. and do 12 Us in year 12 or drop it and do 10 units.

at the moment im doing
art
ecos
business
english
2u maths
E&E

and yeah... i just need some advice. and also hear what other ppl have done, and whether having more time for other subjects is better than having a backup subject.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
i was doing 13 units but relised waste of time so i dropped industrial tech because it wasent gona help uai, so id drop the one thats bringing u down or if u like it too much just keep going

scandal

HSC
I had 13 units as well through year 12. I spent a lot of time worrying about whether it would be too much work and what would be best for scaling but now that its almost over my advice is that if you enjoy all your subjects and coping ok now, stick with them. If you enjoy something you will be willing to study it and 12 units is a good back up. Just go with it, when a problem arises reconsider then - dont waste time with what ifs

del

HSC
N/A
keep it as a backup... you may be surprised with EES (well I was back when I did it)
the course content isn't overally hard (neither is the paper)

kow_dude

HSC
i'm doing 10. I think it's safer than doing 12 because i would then have time to study on my weaker subject/s.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
counter argument for 10 : more time = more bludge :)

Hotdog1

Yummmmmmmmmm...
HSC
12 Units most definitely. Everyone says 12 vs 10 is give and take of time vs back up... They are wrong. You spend the same time on each sunject with 12 units as 10 units. Only in a higher comfort zone.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by brad:spleen
explain ... coz you get atleast 6 more free periods and more time for other study with 10
Yes but chances are you wont use that excess time at home to do further study, you normally end up doing the same amount of work if you do 12 units.

is a roflcopter
HSC
i do 10 units
i dumped physics at the end of year 11

most people still go OMG YOU DROPPED PHYSICS YOU STUPID SHIT :p

but yeah
turned out to be a good decision

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
me too... 10 units...
i did ext 1 n ext 2 english at the beginning of this yr...
biggest fuking mistake of my life...
biggest fuking regret of this yr... wasted so much time on dos two units... ergh...
i rekon just trim to your best 10 n keep to dat... the time u save'll make up 4 dos shitty units that prolly wont count newaiz

Dave85

HSC
i do 10 units coz i realised after a term of yr 12 that legal wudnt count 4 me. I put more effort into other subjects and dropped from 12 units to 10units. So glad i did.

chris42

HSC
Yeah I would keep 12, just incase. I've found it good incase I stuff up one exam i've got a backup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)