10 or 12 units - Year 12 2022 (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey everyone, just wondering are you guys doing 10 or 12 units.

btw just incase you wanna help me with my crisis:
I'm having a hard time deciding since everyone around me is either doing 10 or 11 units and I just recently dropped to 12 units and wasn't sure if I should just continue with the 12 or drop one more cause if I'm gonna do 10 units later shouldn't I drop earlier instead of putting effort and time into a subject I'm going to drop. Fyi I do ext 1 and 2 maths, eco, physics, chem and eng adv also doing the hsc for adv this year. I dont plan on dropping maths since it's like the only subject I can actually handle and understand but idk maybe I could if I end up failing

triviajeon

HSC
hey everyone, just wondering are you guys doing 10 or 12 units.

btw just incase you wanna help me with my crisis:
I'm having a hard time deciding since everyone around me is either doing 10 or 11 units and I just recently dropped to 12 units and wasn't sure if I should just continue with the 12 or drop one more cause if I'm gonna do 10 units later shouldn't I drop earlier instead of putting effort and time into a subject I'm going to drop. Fyi I do ext 1 and 2 maths, eco, physics, chem and eng adv also doing the hsc for adv this year. I dont plan on dropping maths since it's like the only subject I can actually handle and understand but idk maybe I could if I end up failing
I personally went through the biggest internal struggle of dropping Physics and getting down to 10 units. As it is a high scaling subject, I was never taught it properly hence demotivating me quite a lot (meaning I didn't put in the blood, sweat and tears from the start of Year 11 which sucks since it seems like a really good subject but anyway). I do two low scaling subjects too so going onto 10 units also had the immense pressure of 'What if I stuffed up those?'. But the real thing is, if you either hate the subject, have no motivation for it, do not put the right amount of time and effort into it, or know you won't do well in it in the future (aka the big H exams) then... with no hesitation DROP IT. Going to 10 units gives you extra time to put into other subjects and with where I was at with my 12 units, dropping Physics was the best choice (since it dragged me down a lot too and it was my worst ranking).

(Also, for something like Extension 2 Maths, after dropping something else - you definitely get a lot of more time for it)

Whatever you go with, make sure you're confident with your decision. Hope this helps.

ahri

HSC
Do 12 if you're unsure about 2 subjects (eg if you aren't sure if you're going to do better in eco or physics then keep both). However, if you know you're significantly worse at a certain subject then just drop it and do 10.

Reactions: 8=D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)