• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

1 week to go, no work done (1 Viewer)

narrowpin

HSC
ok there's about a week to go, as for preparation i have hardly done anything apart from sitting with a maths book in my hands while watching the cricket or tennis all day long.

Im feeling real guilty, so i really want to do some work before the holidays end. I've got the prelim books for most of my subjects (maths, eco, chem). So in the following week, how much work should i get done in order to get myself well ahead and comfortable with the work when school starts?

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
I think that when you start Year 11, a lot of the basics will be looked over again, like maths. But if I were you, I would start reading some of the books, not seriously studying them, but to familarise yourself I guess. It's not like you're the only one who hasn't done jack all during the holidays either. So...HI 5!

jest

HSC
i didn't do any preparation for year 11 at all, only for year 12. its easy to get away with not really preparing in year 11 cause its not as important

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
narrowpin said:
ok there's about a week to go, as for preparation i have hardly done anything apart from sitting with a maths book in my hands while watching the cricket or tennis all day long.

Im feeling real guilty, so i really want to do some work before the holidays end. I've got the prelim books for most of my subjects (maths, eco, chem). So in the following week, how much work should i get done in order to get myself well ahead and comfortable with the work when school starts?
Don't worry. Enjoy yourself! Enjoy your last week of total freedom. Year 11 doesn't count. As long as you go back to school unstressed, ready and enthused to learn - that's all you need to do over this week. :)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Studying between Year 10 and Year 11?! :shock:

Unheard of.

However, it would be smart to make sure that you understand basic English and perhaps some terminology that you might encounter throughout the first couple of weeks. For Year 12, I found that I could ease myself into the new year by just reading through the syllabus and at least knowing what I should expect to learn.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Take it easy, you not going to get a big break for the next two years.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
If you want, just revise those basics again for your subjects this year that you might have done last year. there's no point studying ahead- everyone will catch up later ;)

Enjoy your last week, as this will be the last summer holidays that you will be having to enjoy in a long time :)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
z600 said:
Take it easy, you not going to get a big break for the next two years.
Sure you are. Most of the holidays didn't have a particularly high workload, in my experience (although it depends what subjects you do, of course).

The key is to not start going "Ooh, big bad HSC" and start working yourself too hard too early. Year 11 and 12 are the best years of high school. Enjoy them, don't descend into overstudy.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
No work, good.

You have to remember pretty much all preliminary students will be in the same boat as you and teachers know this. Which is why they will ease you into the course and start off with the basics and in maths this will mean revision.

The only thing you should be doing is buying new books and stationary - that is all.

Enjoy the rest of the summer holidays! :D

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
simonloo said:
See? The 07ers are always right.
:uhhuh:

narrowpin said:
So in the following week, how much work should i get done in order to get myself well ahead and comfortable with the work when school starts?
Work = 9 hours of sleep a night :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Enjoy it! :D

cupcake08

HSC
don't work now!!!!! ahhhh *tears hair out* :eek:
seriously, if you work now you will regret it later, not appreciate it.
just make the most of your break! relax and party so you can remember the good times when your nose is to the grindstone over the next 2 years. this is probably the last break you will have (except the 2 weeks between yr 11 and 12) where there is nothing for you to do...dont shun it!

redom

HSC
Dont worry too much, this break that you have is supposed to be enjoyed!! One kid from my school studied really hard in the yr 10-11 extended break, and he came to school having already finished the preliminary bio chem and physics course. In the year, he did all the yr 12 hsc courses for those subjects, and by the time term 4 started, he kinda burnt out and didnt reach anything near his potential. I recommend just having a quick flick through your books and getting familiar with the new courses. Economics book may be a good read....i enjoyed it at first! (still do)

LaurenHarvey

HSC
ENJOY!!!
When you go back into yr 11 they basically start you off with revision from yr 10 esp in maths
Just chill and enjoy the good times!!!
It all goes downhill from now on and gets very very very dreary
xx

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
When i read the title if this thread thingy i thought u were in yr 11 going into 12...ur only starting yr 11 there is no work u need to do all u need to do is relax and enjoy the hokidays, you can look over work but seriously there is no need to start coz like other ppl have said the rest of ur peers willcatch up to whereever you get...go out have fun with ur friends and dont stress about the hsc or school, after all what i reealised b4 the hsc wsa that it was the label that was scaring me and after i got over that i actually enjoyed that period....i know sounds razy but its true while all my friends were stressing i was just enjoying the experiance.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
LaurenHarvey said:
It all goes downhill from now on and gets very very very dreary
xx
dont say thatit really doesnt go downhill just enjoy the time like i said...it isnt that bad

HSC
dion7789 said:
When i read the title if this thread thingy i thought u were in yr 11 going into 12...
Hahaha so i wasnt the only one! I was thinking "well, youd better get a move on" When i found out this was in year 11 i laughed. Anyways, sorry about that....don't worry about it so much they ease you in...but i will say for you dont spend too long easing in otherwise you will be left behind and as soon as you know it you will be starting your hsc...

But thats not to say the hsc will be overly hard...as long as you keep on top of things you should be ok...but first things first year 11...just remember if you dont go well it doesnt matter.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
three words to summarise this : don't work, enjoy :D

and also sleep all day

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Kujah said:
three words to summarise this : don't work, enjoy :D
i would say that is a good philosophy but i would change it into "Dont stress,enjoy" coz work is actually important lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)