1 or 2 Related Texts? (1 Viewer)

samantha_s

HSC
Our class has been working one related text all year, but we've been recently told that we might need two depending on what the question requires (ie "at least one", or "a variety of texts"). I'm using Kubla Khan, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, The Road Not Taken and The Wizard of Oz. I have some information on Where the Wild Things Are so I could use that if it is necessary to use two related texts. I know I should be surer, especially by now, but do we need two related texts no matter what the question is?

By the way, good luck to everyone for tomorrow!

HSC
i have 2 related texts prepared just in case..
i'm using kubla khan, lime-tree bower my prison, wizard of oz or sophies world, and either the road not taken or the ivory trail.. depends what i feel like doing when i get in there haha

GORDO1515

HSC
At my school it was drummed into us that if it says atleast 1, you should do 2 even if one is in less detail becuase it will help seperate you from those that do only 1 but you are better off doing one very well than doing two avergae ones

samantha_s

HSC
I think I'll just talk about The Wizard of Oz because I'm not that good with Where the Wild Things Are. I'll keep it as a back up though. Thanks, both of you, for the feedback.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
in my experience almost no school (well ok i'm just basing this on 3 friends and myself and our assessments) will EVER ask you to do 2 texts in the first journeys assessment: usually the essay

however for the trials many schools start asking for 'related textS'

so at least for this term you might be safe as the school knows you've only just begun. and i wouldn't put too much extra effort if you're already stressed for time.

btw song hye gyo <3

edit: f*ck i'm a tard i just read the above 07er's post and assumed this was about the new crop of year 12s. many apologies

SomaFairy

HSC
N/A
GORDO1515 said:
At my school it was drummed into us that if it says atleast 1, you should do 2 even if one is in less detail becuase it will help seperate you from those that do only 1 but you are better off doing one very well than doing two avergae ones
Yes you're right, our teachers told us to do two as well, but make sure one of them is done really really well, and the other one is just to impress the markers more.

kingsizecrunchi

HSC
i dnt hav anything..haha..lyk i hav an extract from ane ssay but thats it
i can giv u dat..buts its fo imaginative journey..tell me if u want it

bleed

HSC
I would suggest The Motorcycle Diaries (movie) or "I Am The Cheese" by Robert Cormier, though both would link in easier to Inner or Physical Journeys. But that's where skill kicks in, I guess.

Dark Phoenix

HSC
its good to do 2 extra related texts but i find that its better to do one that is really in depth than 2 which is brief. i used the Matrix Movie by the Wachowski Brothers for imaginative journeys as it challenges concepts of reality therefore stimulating the imagination. hard one but its good and not encountered alot in essays. also with the extra text try to do a variety of texts, not just those that are the same as ur core text. i did ivory trail (pic), Rime of ancient mariner, lime tree bower (poems) and matrix (film)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)