1.5GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 400MHz FSB ??? (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
doe said:
i await the error(s) to be pointed out in what i wrote.
I stand corrected, what you say appears error free. I intially say the "i havent bothered to find out what exactly a front side bus does" and thought that you were wrong there, but I realise that too is correct. Apologies.

doe

HSC
N/A
yeah all that shit is basically just marketing anyway, i cant really be arsed keeping up with it anymore. i remember when 486s were called "powerful" and 1 gig of storage was a fantasy. its hard to convince me i need 800MHz bus speeds :D

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
doe said:
its hard to convince me i need 800MHz bus speeds :D
I don't know about you, but I notice lag when I have 6-7 applications open. Faster bus would be nice ...

doe

HSC
N/A
crazy, yeah i suppose it depends on your usage. its rare ill be actively using more than 2 apps at a time, though ill probably have lots of stuff running in the background. i do a lot of stuff on unix too, which is generally not as responsive on the desktop as windows stuff, so im kinda used to it heh. i find my greatest sources of lag are disk speeds and then cpu bound processes, but im using an amd 1200 so what can you expect heh. think ill get a new pc at the start of next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)