08er...i will finish high school this year and... (1 Viewer)

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
theshortykatt said:
Because i am asking. Chances are, you are not going to take a year off and do nothing, because it is not a good option. We have been brought up in a society that encourages power, greed and money.

What are the chances that parents are going to let their kids leach off them for a year.
This bumming around year will install lifestyle patterns which will lead to negative outcomes.
It depends on the parents I guess. And its not as if its going to be forever. Usually when people refer to gap year, they usually are only refering to one year. One year to have a break after the 12 years of schooling and to have a extended break before going to uni/tafe/work.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
theshortykatt said:
Usually when people take a gap year its to take a break from studying, yes, but to fill in their time they do something constructive like working/defence force etc. There is bumming around taking place during the year of course, but they are just doing nothing.
I guess it is an individual's preference.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
I dont see what's wrong with bumming around for a year then gettin on with uni/life.

I can't see how doing that will lead to living off the dole.

rebeccalbanks

HSC
I'm lucky enough to know what I'm doing and I've already been offered an apprenticeship for next year. You could take a gap year and work and then decide what you want to do. You could be a drug lord!

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
rebeccalbanks said:
I'm lucky enough to know what I'm doing and I've already been offered an apprenticeship for next year. You could take a gap year and work and then decide what you want to do. You could be a drug lord!
congrats :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)