'07ers - What option topic are you doing? (1 Viewer)

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
We're doing the hardware one, thank god. I didn't like the look of the other one at all.

HSC
Software Developer's View of Hardware.

I wanted to do both actually a lot, because the other seems interesting too.

Tek

HSC
Imho, learning Delphi/Pascal would be the most logical. It's the first language I learnt and it closely resembles pseudocode.

I've dabbled in PHP and VB6, but find Pascal the easiest to interpret.

I don't think it matters what language you "learn" in class anyway. As most of the HSC questions don't specify languages and focus more on actual algorithms than anything else.

HSC
phylot89 said:
Which is the overall favourite here anyway? Everyone whose doing language evolution says it blows :mad1:. Both seem good though.

On a side note, our SDD class is first for (our school) to take up PHP (we're abandoning VB) for Year 12. Seems like I wasted a year's worth of learning VB now.

Would learning PHP have any real benefit for the HSC? I looked over the syllabus but it doesn't specify any specific language. But then again, VB seems ideal because it closely relates to pseudocode.

Here's to my SDD class/zoo :mad1:.
PHP is the best man, VB sucks monkey nuts!

Hedgy

HSC
Software developers view of hardware

Friggn Anding, and Nanding etc

..oh yeah And im actually going over all the stuff we did last year, cuase i didnt grasp a word of it :p

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Evolution of Programming Languages. It's really good except for the fact that there are no resources for it and it's very hard to grasp when it is the first topic you do for the year.

ricometa

HSC
Evolution of Programming Languages thats what im doing

LatK7

HSC
Evolution of Programming Languages is our Option Topic. Our teacher insists it's not too difficult.

He keeps saying, "You got your MCP (Microsoft Certified Pro.), you can do this!!!"

I hate expectations...

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
I don't think either option topic is too difficult.

However the Hardware topic does provide a nice change from the dryness of the rest of the course and actually introduces some other concepts which aren't just about programming in a high-level software language....(eg logic gates and thinking about the representation of data are very interesting).

Gigabyte89

HSC
Software developers view of hardware is being done by I also, last though I think.

Legham

HSC
I'm doing Software Developers View Of The Hardware.. You'd think that i'd get to choose my option, seeing as im the only person in my school doing it, and i dont even have a teacher, but oh well.. I've already done it, so can't change it now! I might not even have wanted to change it, i haven't looked at any of the other options yet.

Dongle

HSC
I did SDD last year, got 93 with Evolution of Prog Languages.

It's rote learning, but textbooks and resources tend not to be so thorough with it. There's a lot of interpretation of applications involved.

HSC
Software Developers View of the Hardware is a shorter topic - and it's easier if you have a decent teacher that understands the course.

If you're stuck with a shit teacher, you're better off with Evolution of Programming languages - it's easier to teach yourself, but there's a lot more of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)