'02 HSC extended response (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
'02 HSC extended response(Q21)

hmm..for Q21

the database screenshot where it reads:
"the helpdesk in an organisation uses the screnn below to log reports from users who are experiencing difficulties

Critically analyse how to accumulated help desk data collection by this form could benefit the organisation"

On top of my head these are some of the reasons how it can benefit the organisation:
- A collection of database can easily identify where the re-occuring problem might be and can easily be fixed

-Similiar to above, but this time with the user involved. If there is a sequence of problems bu the same users, training might be needed for that particular user

- There is a due date function, hence it will allow the problem to be fixed without being forgotten

- The severity function allows the organisation to have an overview of what level of problems there are over a period of time.

hmm, i need more points...thx...

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
Something i learnt in another subject

when you see critically they're asking for pro's and cons, and depending on allocated marks say it's 6 marks they probably want 3 pros and 3 cons.

^___^
HSC
indeed..

but thats why i bold the words "benefit"

as the question asked how it benefits..
so i'm thinking about 4points as to how it benefits...

Rosem

HSC
N/A
here r some thought from my dumb IT knowledge
recording user ID, allow netword ADMIN 2 log as him and check his detail (if he is been block or something)
Email/Phone-contact him in case of any chnages or someon is going 2 see him
CC/place+Workstation-the "professional " who is goin 2 fix the prob can find him easily thus prevent lost of time=money
also if prob reoccuring then like thinkin about where they should change the comp since fixing manytime=losing money

hope this is right
peace

Winston

HSC
Some other things can be:

Data can be graphically represented and be compared from each month based on the severity

Records can be catagorised under certain problems, i.e. Severe error, Network error, Minor glitches

More data helps in quicker response, instead of asking the customer about something that they need to find out on, thus extends to more productivity, and less time wasted

Data allows the technician to clearly know the history of this problem, certain notes about the problem, things that have been tried to rectify this problem but failed to resolve, saving time for the technician to reiterate

More detail allows pintpointing the specific workstation, slowly breaking the problem down and analyse if any signals are being inputed from that specific workstation to the server.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by ...
i love it Winston and Rosem

should we stickied this and use it as a practise/answer thread?
Sure.

Pinned

anju_th

Q 10 c) HSC 02

Hi Guys

Since vr talkin abt questions wat abt this one?

Compare and contrast the characteristics of serial and parallel transmission?

Does this mean v hav to state the similarities and differences between parallel and serial transport?? Coz when they say compare we are lookin for similarities right? and then contrast the differences?

Last edited:

anju_th

New Question :)

Question 20 in the 2003 Catholic Trail Exam....(the one abt workin as a consultant and havin to draft a report discussin Virus protection methods, Backup and restore procedures and Software licensing)

Can anybody giv me ideas on wat to write on these coz no matter how much i write its not guf enuf for the markers :(

anju_th

New Question (Yes again) Q 20 HSC 2002

What exactly is a comprehensive action plan? I know im dumb :)

chris42

HSC
Has anyone seen example answers for question 20, I don't know why the board of studies didn't put out sample answers for question 20, or 21 .

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by anju_th
mayb they werent answered well enuf and no one reacher band 6 level for them
That's true.

anju_th

Taking apart and putting a computer back together..........ppl wat wud u do if they asked sumfin like this? Coz i havent done this eva and i need help of wat u wud do, wat u wud look out for, wat goes where?

Winston

HSC
Taking apart and putting a computer back together..........ppl wat wud u do if they asked sumfin like this? Coz i havent done this eva and i need help of wat u wud do, wat u wud look out for, wat goes where?
Well if they ask you that, they dont want to know where to take out bolts, its a question where its broad enough but also targeting ur applied knowledge of what you learn for example, they would really like to see how well you know your safey precautions i mean using grounding straps to avoid electric shots, unplugging the the computer from the power outlet, do you know what i mean? They wont make u explain how to dismantle a computer and piece it back.

anju_th

oh kewl winston thanx :)

do u hav answers to the qs i asked previously? Im a bit stumped on them

Winston

HSC
oh kewl winston thanx :)

do u hav answers to the qs i asked previously? Im a bit stumped on them
let me do them later sorry.... i just need a rest on my bday lol

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
let me do them later sorry.... i just need a rest on my bday lol
0_O ya bday? ..OOO happy bday !!
aww and look at all your help u done ^^ what a great mod!

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by sukiyaki
0_O ya bday? ..OOO happy bday !!
aww and look at all your help u done ^^ what a great mod!
Hehe thank you, well alot of people i feel absolutely sorry to, because i understand the feeling of such a crappy layed out course, the fact that there's no textbook, and they ask things that some teachers dont even teach, its quite difficult if your not good with computers first of all and then to the admin side oh gees... but yeah ill stay up tonite and do some if i can sorry guys :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)