“Book Club”? (1 Viewer)

may22

HSC
Is there a book club thread? Every thread on books I’ve seen is basically dead...😞

Would honestly love to discuss different books, including opinions, recommendations, etc

ssoans

HSC
Is there a book club thread? Every thread on books I’ve seen is basically dead...😞

Would honestly love to discuss different books, including opinions, recommendations, etc

Well, there's this dystopian series that I enjoyed, and it should be found in most school libraries. It's called Scythe.
If that's not really your type, tell me what your type is, and ill see if I can help :)

may22

HSC
Well, there's this dystopian series that I enjoyed, and it should be found in most school libraries. It's called Scythe.
If that's not really your type, tell me what your type is, and ill see if I can help :)
Omg I have that on my shelf, I just haven't started it yet.
My brother has read it though, and he said it was great. I read the blurb and I like the plotline so hopefully I get to it soon

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
I'm part of a three person bookclub where one person has me at gunpoint and asks me where I'm up to in the book every single day. I would recommend the series here to extend the club since it's really good (esp if you're a slowburn drama fan, it's like 7 books or something), but it's thoroughly non PG. pm if you're interested to read and perhaps talk about it!!

also has anyone read "They both die at the end" by Adam Silvera? the person above mentioned dystopia and it reminded me of this book, apparently it got popular on tiktok but I didn't discover it there, anyways it's good I cry easily so I definitely cried, it's about a world where you get notified when you have 24 hours to live and these two stranger boys meet on their last days and become the closest of friends during the limited time they have, and do crazy things together because comfort zones don't matter when you're gonna die in a few hours. good book I highly recommend

may22

HSC
My favourite book has to be the very hungry caterpillar. Am I qualified to join the book club?
Oh that's a classic!

one person has me at gunpoint and asks me where I'm up to in the book every single day
I'm that person sometimes lmao

has anyone read "They both die at the end" by Adam Silvera?
Heard of it, haven't read it though

uniqueusername1

HSC
The only books I would willingly read and still read to this date:
-Wimpy Kid
-Zac Power
-Geronimo Stilton

These texts are far more sophisticated than Shakespeare's plays as they subtly portray complex ideas and themes through analogies, allegories and most importantly vivid visual imagery (literally).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)