Year 11 Phys and Chem (1 Viewer)

Sethio

HSC
Does anyone know the best place to start to get ahead to Year 11 Chem and Phys. I've heard people say that Year 9-10 is truly negligible and a waste of time and its more logical to just skip to Year 11. However, where should you start? Is there any resources online about the structure of both courses, any public notes or textbooks with practice questions? Thanks! Also does anyone (older students) have some personal preference on how they approach Chem and Phys considering the large amount of modules? I want to get ahead and I should be able to survive with minimal tutoring for now and just understand the topics myself. I want to avoid the huge slog later on. Thanks!

Bored of studying

HSC
Does anyone know the best place to start to get ahead to Year 11 Chem and Phys. I've heard people say that Year 9-10 is truly negligible and a waste of time and its more logical to just skip to Year 11.
Build your yr 10 foundations first before anything, then possibly look around for some hsc concentrated YouTube videos. These would be your best friend tackling the preliminary and hsc courses.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Build your yr 10 foundations first before anything, then possibly look around for some hsc concentrated YouTube videos. These would be your best friend tackling the preliminary and hsc courses.
personally I don't think y10 foundations are needed, any relevant chem/phys stuff in y10 is re-taught in y11 with the assumption you've never seen it before. I remember in y10 my science classes mainly concerned learning how to balance equations and learning about the diff reactions (displacement, acid+base, etc) which are all taught anyway in y11/12. like sure it's cool if you know a bit of it before but it's not the end of the world if you don't

Sethio

HSC
You only in year 9 stop being a wee bastard and get a social life instead of getting ahead 2 years early bich 😡
yeah sounds good. just planning for the future buddy. also i am Year 10 next year so 1 year ahead is reasonable.

Sethio

HSC
personally I don't think y10 foundations are needed, any relevant chem/phys stuff in y10 is re-taught in y11 with the assumption you've never seen it before. I remember in y10 my science classes mainly concerned learning how to balance equations and learning about the diff reactions (displacement, acid+base, etc) which are all taught anyway in y11/12. like sure it's cool if you know a bit of it before but it's not the end of the world if you don't
yeah all these basic reactions I'm stuck thinking there has got to be more. i don't want to go ham with it and start learning everything but surely it's reasonable to get a better grasp. then again there are year 9 kids doing zhangs (which despite being only 1 term is more realistically covering basic knowledge of Year 11 concepts) so it's not the most unreasonable thing to do.

Sethio

HSC
Science ready is good, but 2 years might be a bit much though like you’re not really gonna remember that unless you are truly just really interested in learning them anyway
i kinda just wanna learn them to stay in a stronger position compared to my grade. I'm not too invested in jumping far ahead but lots of kids do tutoring and are learning ahead so i can probs save some money but still learn at the same pace.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Also does anyone (older students) have some personal preference on how they approach Chem and Phys considering the large amount of modules? I want to get ahead and I should be able to survive with minimal tutoring for now and just understand the topics myself. I want to avoid the huge slog later on. Thanks!
y11 modules (at least for chem) are pretty short and imo you can get through with them pretty quickly, but focus more on getting the stuff needed for y12 (like mod 2's mole calculations etc. y11 was a bit of a breeze to get through. y12 the modules are more packed with content but as long as you closely follow the syllabus with videos like scienceready and do past paper questions consistently to consolidate learning you should be fine

kind of recommend staying away from the main textbooks (Pearson + chem in focus), they kinda suck and have too much irrelevant stuff or don't go into the important stuff in the depth you need

carrotsss

HSC
i kinda just wanna learn them to stay in a stronger position compared to my grade. I'm not too invested in jumping far ahead but lots of kids do tutoring and are learning ahead so i can probs save some money but still learn at the same pace.
I mean if you’re interested in the content then go for it, and doing it without tutoring is definitely the way to go imo

Sethio

HSC
y11 modules (at least for chem) are pretty short and imo you can get through with them pretty quickly, but focus more on getting the stuff needed for y12 (like mod 2's mole calculations etc. y11 was a bit of a breeze to get through. y12 the modules are more packed with content but as long as you closely follow the syllabus with videos like scienceready and do past paper questions consistently to consolidate learning you should be fine

kind of recommend staying away from the main textbooks (Pearson + chem in focus), they kinda suck and have too much irrelevant stuff or don't go into the important stuff in the depth you need
Are there any online teachers that helped you in chem in terms of YouTube? Also, i think working of the syllabus is smart so yeah I'll try that

carrotsss

HSC
Are there any online teachers that helped you in chem in terms of YouTube? Also, i think working of the syllabus is smart so yeah I'll try that
the science ready YouTube channel is legendary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)