Year 10 Tips? (1 Viewer)

Chewy0161

HSC
Hi,
Im in middle of year 10 and im kind of trolling school but Im starting to take school serious as I have my mind set on a goal. The main problem is that I never perform well on tests as they always put me under too much stress and pressure, as a unorganised person who probably study's the wrong way, this affects my studying and results pretty hard. I was seeking any tips on studying and how you guys study etc and what I should do in year 10 (What I should take on and learn from or start doing in year 10) I currently have a part time job, no sport atm, I probably want to do more in life rn but im just addicted to grinding league with mates (bad habit).
Thanks
Anything will be appreciated thanks!

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Yeah that's exactly what I was doing in 7-10. I never took school seriously or paid attention in class however I did minimal work and put in the bare effort.

If you want to take school seriously, then you have to start getting in the mindset as well as in you have to be more confident and motivated. Compete with your other peers and receive help and feedback from those who are already excelling, it will definitely help getting into that focus because you are giving your brain a signal that you're determined. Don't expect to get into a routine as soon as you want, you have to develop it. Its like a habit.

Try studying in portions each day, try studying your subjects 1 hour a day. Just set aside one hour just for studying ahead or catching up on homework everyday if you can, if you can't on a certain day due to a shift, then don't worry much since that's something you will have to manage in your time schedule. At first your mind will be all over the place and you might be unable to focus on your studies deeply since you're not used to it but over time you'll become experienced and when you feel you can go the extra step, just keep on compiling time for study. This is extremely important for any subject because if you want to excel, you need to put in the time and effort. I can't get into the whole mechanics and complex of this or else this will be an essay rather than a response. TL;DR search up Pomodoro technique and study schedule timetables to develop a good routine. (Make sure you reward yourself in the early stages and DO NOT overwork yourself when your first starting out.)

For exams, you will naturally find you are less stressed and anxious and instead more confident and brave if you follow a routine. Ensure you get a good nights sleep, 9 hours works for me in year 11. Make sure you simulate test conditions when you revise for the exam through compiling a list of questions for the topic or writing an essay depending on the subject and attempt that because it will help greatly with easing this stress issue. IDK about year 10 past papers but you can try searching for them here since there's a plethora of resources.

If you get stressed within an exam, that just means that you haven't studied appropriately since the questions might be foreign to you OR the exam is just hard. Don't start panicking suddenly when that happens, just go to any question you think you can do and work from there. You will find that the questions you stressed at are pretty easy but they just have some intimidating feature designed to scare off people.

This is a lot to read so I suggest you skim over it, anyways I wish you the best!

Chewy0161

HSC
Yeah that's exactly what I was doing in 7-10. I never took school seriously or paid attention in class however I did minimal work and put in the bare effort.

If you want to take school seriously, then you have to start getting in the mindset as well as in you have to be more confident and motivated. Compete with your other peers and receive help and feedback from those who are already excelling, it will definitely help getting into that focus because you are giving your brain a signal that you're determined. Don't expect to get into a routine as soon as you want, you have to develop it. Its like a habit.

Try studying in portions each day, try studying your subjects 1 hour a day. Just set aside one hour just for studying ahead or catching up on homework everyday if you can, if you can't on a certain day due to a shift, then don't worry much since that's something you will have to manage in your time schedule. At first your mind will be all over the place and you might be unable to focus on your studies deeply since you're not used to it but over time you'll become experienced and when you feel you can go the extra step, just keep on compiling time for study. This is extremely important for any subject because if you want to excel, you need to put in the time and effort. I can't get into the whole mechanics and complex of this or else this will be an essay rather than a response. TL;DR search up Pomodoro technique and study schedule timetables to develop a good routine. (Make sure you reward yourself in the early stages and DO NOT overwork yourself when your first starting out.)

For exams, you will naturally find you are less stressed and anxious and instead more confident and brave if you follow a routine. Ensure you get a good nights sleep, 9 hours works for me in year 11. Make sure you simulate test conditions when you revise for the exam through compiling a list of questions for the topic or writing an essay depending on the subject and attempt that because it will help greatly with easing this stress issue. IDK about year 10 past papers but you can try searching for them here since there's a plethora of resources.

If you get stressed within an exam, that just means that you haven't studied appropriately since the questions might be foreign to you OR the exam is just hard. Don't start panicking suddenly when that happens, just go to any question you think you can do and work from there. You will find that the questions you stressed at are pretty easy but they just have some intimidating feature designed to scare off people.

This is a lot to read so I suggest you skim over it, anyways I wish you the best!
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)