ww1... homefront right?! (1 Viewer)

mittens

HSC
so if we're focusing on the homefront... what aspects do we need to consider? what happened to the economy cause i couldn't find my notes infact which nations are we focusing on? it was britain right? and then what? is it just sources cause i'm right for sources.. they're easy enough to analyse but it helps to have some background knowledge to work from so could someone tell me... which nations... are we focusing on the impact on the economy during and after the war? are we looking at the average family's capacity to get by or not? are we looking at the war effort? help! ohh i'm sooo clueless!

MindRiot

stickwriter
HSC
1. Get a copy of the syllabus.

From what I remember, the syllabus point is not actually 'home fronts' but it's "total war". We need to know Germany and Britain.

- Economy, the hardships suffered by people at home such as rationing, Germans needing to make and use substitutes for things such as rubber and chemicals because they couldn't import any. make sure you mention the British naval blockade.

- Industry and why it was important in contributing to the war effort.

- The role of women. This is an entirely different syllabus point [which focuses only on Britain, not Germany] but you can use it in this question.

It would be good to know one quote and maybe 2-3 statistics, [eg. by 1945 women made up blah% of the workforce,] just to impress markers.

Also, don't panic, it's only a 10 mark question. Just make sure you know about 3 sentences worth of stuff for the points i wrote above and you should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)