Wow Fashion Design (1 Viewer)

dieselboi

Hey babes and babets!!

Have u ppls heard of the B Design in Textiles and Fashion Design at UTS???? The UAI that is required to get into this highly competitive course is above 90!! OMG I hear myself saying, but thats not it... If you want to combine it with a B Arts in International Studies it becomes a whopping 99. Is anyone out there not shocked at how high the UAI is for this course??
Well all I can say is that I really want to do fashion at UTS, and my marks are relatively good atm, but i just hope that the UAI's aren't as high this year so that i can be safe. ;)
Does anyone else out there want to do fashion at UTS? If so write something, I'd love to hear from you!!
Wow... 99 *sigh*
Something to work towards ehh?
Damn straight!!! It ain't gonna be easy. With a UAI of 99 you can do law or medicine, but with design courses increasing in popularity every year it definitely reflects the values of our society and out thirst for a imore ndustry influenced country!

Please comment,
Euge (UAI of 90+ fingers crossed ) :rolleyes:

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
hmm, last i heard the UAI was'nt all that important in the fashion design course at UTS.

they look at it a little bit but it's mainly an interview, portfolio and personal statement. It's really competitive too, only around 30 people got in this year . And there was only one guy too diesel boi ;P

where did u find out about fashion/int studies being 99..? I'm not sure that's accurate.. cos, well, fashion doesn't even have a UAI cut-off mark (for 2003 it didn't anyway)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
doesn't have a cutoff? :confused: i thought it had quite a high cutoff, somewhere around high 80's or mid to low 90's. my sister really wants to do it.

hmm...
here: http://www.uts.edu.au/study/uais.html
there's no uai listed for fashion+textile design, but fashion/int'l studies does have a uai of 99 (!!!)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah salad boy's just about right. if u add international studies to any course it totally boosts the UAI something crazy..

dieselboi

It's totally UAI this year...

Well guys thanks for writing your peace... I have done some research into things and in previous years the way to get into the design course at UTS was a mix of things i.e. portfolio, interview and UAI. But during the holidays I went into the Faculty od Design Building in Ultimo and asked what will it be this time???

The lovely lady said that they are basing it purely on UAI, there will no longer be portfolio's or interviews for this course. I was very shocked, but somewhat relieved because my portfolio is not highly resolved and would put me at a disadvantage.

So for you ppl that are interested in fashion design at UTS:
- It is based upon UAI
-It is highly competitive so you can expect marks to be high
-approx. high 80's, low to mid 90's. (hopefully not 99 )

Bye all!!
hehe x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)