Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Other

Votes: 25 33.8%

• Total voters

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by mannnnndy

yeah it was the CLB halls, do you know if there are better halls at unsw?
I don't know, they were the only ones I visited, and the were supposedly the main lecture rooms.

Porphyria_J

the CLB = really nice airconditioning

do you know if sydney has air con in most of their lecture rooms???

espeacilly in the mereweather/whether building for the faculty of commerce and eco? cause that building....was.....HORRIBLE... and then there is that nice building next to it...another commerce and eco building!!!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Porphyria_J
the CLB = really nice airconditioning

do you know if sydney has air con in most of their lecture rooms???

espeacilly in the mereweather/whether building for the faculty of commerce and eco? cause that building....was.....HORRIBLE... and then there is that nice building next to it...another commerce and eco building!!!
not sure, how could you like the CLB rooms, they are horrible !

I assume the Usyd has air-con in their rooms

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by zannaz

Where/what is this??? is it the Carslaw Buildings???
Not sure but The CLB rooms are the main lecture theatres, I saw them on the UNSW open day.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
thought they were at Usyd, where they were holding economics/business mini lectures? It was very nice airconditioned, light and open auditoriums and lecture theatres!!!
But Usyd does have some really old lecture halls that seemed run down!!! but only a few!!:D

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
thought they were at Usyd, where they were holding economics/business mini lectures? It was very nice airconditioned, light and open auditoriums and lecture theatres!!!
But Usyd does have some really old lecture halls that seemed run down!!! but only a few!!:D
Yeah, most of the theatres of sydney are really nice, a few are run-down *crosses fingers and hopes I don't have to study in one of them*.

But UNSW has more run-down theatres, I wouldn't even call them lecture halls, they are that bad.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
But UNSW has more run-down theatres, I wouldn't even call them lecture halls, they are that bad.

I would have never thought. . . i never really spent much time there at info day. . . . and looking at the exterior the uni looks really modern, and comfortable, which is also potrayed through their brochures!!!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC

I would have never thought. . . i never really spent much time there at info day. . . . and looking at the exterior the uni looks really modern, and comfortable, which is also potrayed through their brochures!!!
yes it looks modern on the outside, but inside (well the rooms I visited) were real bad. That may not be the case with other faculty buildings I don't know cause I didn't visit them.

Of course all the Uni's try to show the best part of their uni on their brochures, it's all part of advertising :)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by mannnnndy
are there any other lecture halls at unsw? specifically for engineering?
Not sure, I was just told that the CLB theatres are the main lecture halls at UNSW>

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate

yes it looks modern on the outside, but inside (well the rooms I visited) were real bad. That may not be the case with other faculty buildings I don't know cause I didn't visit them.

Of course all the Uni's try to show the best part of their uni on their brochures, it's all part of advertising :)
Yeah that's true, the whole marketing plan is to attract students particularly high achieving ones with nice old granduer buldings and modern state of the art facilities. . . i know some people totally blinded by these things and solely choosing certian universities for superficial reasons. I was like that until i actually went to open day and realised there was more to the univeristy!!!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC

Yeah that's true, the whole marketing plan is to attract students particularly high achieving ones with nice old granduer buldings and modern state of the art facilities. . . i know some people totally blinded by these things and solely choosing certian universities for superficial reasons. I was like that until i actually went to open day and realised there was more to the univeristy!!!
I originally had UNSW as my first preference, cause I thought it had a good course, and a really nice modern atmosphere to it, but when I visited the opoen day it wasn't what I expected.

Sydney Uni wil be great.....can't wait. :D

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by Ultimate

I originally had UNSW as my first preference, cause I thought it had a good course, and a really nice modern atmosphere to it, but when I visited the opoen day it wasn't what I expected.

Sydney Uni wil be great.....can't wait. :D
I've been in love with usyd since april....then in august after the unsw open day I began to equivocte because of concerns about the usyd commerce course......but i eventually chose it. And now I am soooo excited about!!!!! I can't imagine having chosen unsw. So maybe i'll see u there ultimate :p

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by timmii

I've been in love with usyd since april....then in august after the unsw open day I began to equivocte because of concerns about the usyd commerce course......but i eventually chose it. And now I am soooo excited about!!!!! I can't imagine having chosen unsw. So maybe i'll see u there ultimate :p
I'm doing adv.maths/commerce, so I'll see u there for the commerce part. All this talk about which course is better at UNSW or syd is irrelevant really (that's what I've come to realise, at times I think I should have put UNSW as my first preference), what really matters is that you perform your best and do well.

Even if you go to a course which seems better at a particular uni if you don't perform you don't get anywhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)