would u keep 12 units for friends? (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Original Poster said:
would u keep an extra subject for friends knowing that u would bludge in it and will only use class time to have fun? ik that the responsible answer is to drop and make the most out of that study period, but its hard to leave behind such a fun class. so its either drop to 10 units and more likely get a higher atar, or keep 12 units and finish high school with so many funny memories with the friends in that class
I think a good starting point would entail weighing the advantages and disadvantages of each choice.

Keeping an extra subject - advantages:
  • It is a bludge subject that is not intended to be taken seriously. The main purpose of keeping it is to have a good time with your classmates, with whom you make up a fun class.
  • You will get to finish high school having made many memories with your friends in that class.
Keeping an extra subject - disadvantages:
  • This proposition does not align with the ultimate purpose of going to school (particularly in year 12), which is to do your utmost to achieve the best possible results in what is your most important year of school, where all assessment tasks/exams you sit/complete contribute towards your ATAR. While it is undoubtedly good to establish a balance between studying and friendships, your ATAR should not be put at risk.
  • It is likely that enjoyment with your friends will not be limited to that particular subject/class. A feasible alternative would be to hang out with your friends elsewhere, such as during recess/lunch and/or after school, allowing you to still enjoy that quality time with them.
Alternatively, you may wish to consider the advice given above.

I hope this helps! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 8=D

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
would u keep an extra subject for friends knowing that u would bludge in it and will only use class time to have fun? ik that the responsible answer is to drop and make the most out of that study period, but its hard to leave behind such a fun class. so its either drop to 10 units and more likely get a higher atar, or keep 12 units and finish high school with so many funny memories with the friends in that class
ngl I hella bludged during my study periods, and if you see urself doing the same thing then you might as well stay in that subject you'd be having a good time either way

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
but do consider eventually dropping this subject close to HSC, if it means you'll get a higher ATAR then dropping would probs be for the best, but for now it seems fine to stay

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
do u think i should drop term 2 or 3?
perhaps the end of term 2, or early term 3

term 3 is trials term and you might want those study periods to actually study, rather than bludging in a class you'll eventually drop

icycledough

HSC
Also consider that if you choose a subject just to bludge, even if it won't be included in your final ATAR, the HSC is about collective success. So if you don't put in an effort then, you will also affect the performance of the rest of the cohort. So be very careful with your decision

• Wow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)