• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Worst Case Scenario- Calculator Dies In Math Exam. Wut do? (1 Viewer)

yasminee96

HSC
what happens if you bring in 3 calculators and they all stop working, even after continuous banging and potato-rebooting attempts?

levelup888

HSC
Well do what Im planning to do. Buy a new calculator from the canteen (or wherever) the day of the exam and then bring my old one just in case. It's better to waste money buying a new one and using it rather than having just your old one and it dying on your or breaking during your exam (happened to me in my chem trials >.>)

yasminee96

HSC
Well do what Im planning to do. Buy a new calculator from the canteen (or wherever) the day of the exam and then bring my old one just in case. It's better to waste money buying a new one and using it rather than having just your old one and it dying on your or breaking during your exam (happened to me in my chem trials >.>)
Your canteen sells calculators?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Just change the battery the night before your exam to a fresh one. Doesn't hurt to have a spare calculator though, try to borrow one of a sibling.

Your canteen doesn't? Obvs not a selective school.
Apparently a couple of years ago the canteen at Baulko accidentally sold a whole grade an international version of some calculator which it turned out was banned and had to replace them all.

Last edited:

NWO

HSC
Whats the chance of that? Borrow one from someone?

NWO

HSC
My canteen sells rulers. Obvs not a selective school.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Wow your new avatar freaked me out because I was like who is dis moderator?!?

But srs, should be right if you put a new battery in, if yours is a bit old calc, borrow a calc of a sibling/lower year person not doing their HSC for the exam or buy one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)