World-wide appeal! (1 Viewer)

evil99

HSC
Alliance for Preserving the Truth of Sino-Japanese War

We, the undersigned, strongly urge you to speak out and vote against any motion or procedure to grant Japan the status as a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council. As the aggressor in World War II, Japan committed numerous atrocities in its neighboring countries, and destroyed and looted an astronomical amount of properties. Recent discoveries have revealed its systematic slaughtering of prisoners of war and tens of millions of innocent civilians, from newborn to elderly, during those years. Its government and parliament have never formally acknowledged its wrongdoing, offered official apologies to those who suffered immensely, or provided adequate reparation to compensate its victims, including the hundreds of thousands women forced into sexual slavery, nearly a million died in its biochemical experimentations and battlefield deployments in violation of the Geneva Convention, or the Allied prisoners of war butchered, brutalized and enslaved. Japan thus far shows no remorse of its past misdeeds, refuses to repent, and appears to be untrustworthy. The international community can not and must not designate such state to seat on the Security Council which is chartered to safeguard and maintain regional and world peace and justice.
To show your support please go:
http://www.sjwar.org/

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
whats with the whole anti jap thing lately...or is it jus tme.. :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
you know evil99... very much the same can be said of the Maoist regime... enslave a country, force revolution, fuck a generation of ppl over... :p

i'm sure your parents and mine dun feel that china has a perfect government, in the past or in the present. *smack*

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Doez he realise Konami iz a Japanese company....?
yes hence the modified pic of pro evolution soccer i believe...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I don't get the meanin, suppose to mean Japanese emperialism or what...?

supercharged

HSC
N/A
You don't get to sign a petition or vote for anyone on that site. I reckon Japan shouldn't get the security council seat since it would automatically vote along the same lines as the USA in order to dominate North East Asia with American backing

evil99

HSC
xiao1985 said:
yes hence the modified pic of pro evolution soccer i believe...
I will delete it for own purpose, since I known its a bloody japs company in here

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
The post-war government can not be held accountable for the atrocities commited by the military dictatorship.

Germany for example, under the Nazis saw many people killed and enslaved, yet Germany holds a leading position on the Security Council. Why? Because it was the Nazi Party which conducted the crimes, not the government put into place to replace it.

I can't believe the international uproar every time Koizumi visits that shrine to the Japanese war dead. Just because, UNDER THE MILITARY DICTATORSHIP, some Japanese soldiers committed atrocities, but this does not render the commemorating of their service to their country a bad thing.

Certainly, the expoits of soldeirs of the Axis countries arn't as widely publisiced as Allied soldiers, the Axis being evil and everything, but that does not mean that their troops, including jap troops, are not worthy of recongnition. They fought too.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
leetom said:
I can't believe the international uproar every time Koizumi visits that shrine to the Japanese war dead. Just because, UNDER THE MILITARY DICTATORSHIP, some Japanese soldiers committed atrocities, but this does not render the commemorating of their service to their country a bad thing.
/QUOTE]

I think you are completely missing the point leetom. The reason why people (especially WW2 survivors and descendants) are greatly offended by Koizumi's vists to the Yasukuni Shrine is because the shrine pays respect to Class A war criminals.

These war criminals and the troops under their control butchered and raped many hundreds of thousands of civilians in the cities they took over during WW2. Many prisioners were subjected to live testing for biological and chemical weapons by Unit 731 (see http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Unit 731) and the infamous slaughter, Nanjing Massacre ( http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Nanjing Massacre ) as a result of these atrocities, it should be obvious why people get offended when the PM of Japan chooses to visit a shrine which honours these war criminals as heroes.

I mean if the Chancellor of Germany went to support a pro nazi shrine which honoured Hitler and his gas chamber men as respectable heroes, the outrage in Europe would be no different. If all Koizumi did was to give respect to soldiers who died in wars then that would be one thing (every country in the world does this), but to pay hommage to a militant right-wing shrine which celebrates hideously evil people as martyrs then this is a completely different kettle of fish.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
supercharged said:
leetom said:
/QUOTE]

I think you are completely missing the point leetom. The reason why people (especially WW2 survivors and descendants) are greatly offended by Koizumi's vists to the Yasukuni Shrine is because the shrine pays respect to Class A war criminals.

These war criminals and the troops under their control butchered and raped many hundreds of thousands of civilians in the cities they took over during WW2. Many prisioners were subjected to live testing for biological and chemical weapons by Unit 731 (see http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Unit 731) and the infamous slaughter, Nanjing Massacre ( http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Nanjing Massacre ) as a result of these atrocities, it should be obvious why people get offended when the PM of Japan chooses to visit a shrine which honours these war criminals as heroes.

I mean if the Chancellor of Germany went to support a pro nazi shrine which honoured Hitler and his gas chamber men as respectable heroes, the outrage in Europe would be no different. If all Koizumi did was to give respect to soldiers who died in wars then that would be one thing (every country in the world does this), but to pay hommage to a militant right-wing shrine which celebrates hideously evil people as martyrs then this is a completely different kettle of fish.
I'm quite certain the shrine is not specific to the personnel who manned Unit 731 and the military dictatorship. It commemorates the service of all Japanese soldiers to their country during WWII.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)