World War One Practice?? (1 Viewer)

tkddaily

HSC
Hey there,

I really want to continue to practice/brush up on WW1 skills over the holidays but there are no practice papers provided by the BOS that have the sources actually readily available.

I was wondering what you guys do to practice/where you get questions from?
I also can't afford and kind of coaching collage or private tutoring though :(

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Have you asked your teacher for copies of the papers? I make sure that all my students have copies of the past papers because I know that the sources aren't up there.

hullybully - you can't create your own questions for the Core in Modern as you have to be able to incorporate and/or analyse given sources to answer the questions and to practice that skill you need sources.

The BOSTES doesn't get the copyright so that they can put the sources they use in the exam up on their website (same thing happens for both Ancient and Extension as well).

tkddaily

HSC
Have you asked your teacher for copies of the papers? I make sure that all my students have copies of the past papers because I know that the sources aren't up there.

hullybully - you can't create your own questions for the Core in Modern as you have to be able to incorporate and/or analyse given sources to answer the questions and to practice that skill you need sources.

The BOSTES doesn't get the copyright so that they can put the sources they use in the exam up on their website (same thing happens for both Ancient and Extension as well).
Thanks for your response!!!

Unfortunately my school is not too good and my teacher does not really assist me on a regular basis. You sound like a teacher :)
Is there any resources you could recommend?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Send my a PM and I will see if I can send you the papers I have for my class.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
OP, you can also give me a PM. I have some up to 2014.
edit: these are trials.

My suggestion is to see if the success books have the source booklets. Otherwise there is a file I can see if it has it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)